msd 10+ no spark help

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by caseyspradlin, Jan 23, 2011.

1. iron468

iron468 Member

what is the air gap of spark plug (my bbc 468ci 14-71 12v run at 0.014 with 7al)

2. caseyspradlin

caseyspradlin Member

msd probs

mike I would have tried that but I already have removed to ship it to msd. I want to let them check for piece of mind.

Thanks for help.

3. caseyspradlin

caseyspradlin Member

plug gap

plugs gaps at .020

I already had the pickup lined up before changing out box also.

4. jbenham

jbenham Member

We had this exact problem with a 10 box also. We learned the hard way that extreme heat will de magnatize a rare earth magnet. Had to order a new degree ring from RCD and it fixed the problem.

5. jbenham

jbenham Member

the way we found this was we rolled the motor over until rotor was lined up w/ #1 wire. Pulled the spark plug out and put it in the wire and grounded the plug to check spark. We then tested the box by jumping the crank trigger wires with a jumper. It fired every time. Then we took a spare crank trigger and a magnet pick up tool and tried firing it by sweeping the magnet by the pick up. fired every time. Then we took off the crank trigger on car and tested it the same way. Fired every time. Then we tried manually sweeping the pickup by the magnets in the degree wheel. Nothing. We then were suspecting something was wrong with the wheel. We got some metal shavings and threw them on the wheel. They fell on the floor... That was when I googled "Rare earth magnets" LOL it's funny now but it kicked our ass for about 6 hours straight!!

6. texas racer

texas racer New Member

first of all, fix that pickup...get it to line up in the center... also , if it is like 30 degrees and your trying to spin a motor over ..the 50w or 70 w oil you are using will slow the cranking speed down... that unit must see a minimum 100 rpm ..

are you heating up the oil pan?
    starting it on gas ?