Don't show up

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Pat McGill, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket New Member

Pat,
    I have been working for Chris for over 3 years since when he started. We have never done anything to make graham lite get mad at us. \

Johnny Rocket

2. TAFC118

TAFC118 New Member

I personally would like to commend chris and the whole team on how they handled the situation, and as for chris's ability to drive the car, i would not hesitate to line up next to him. Like myself he is a new driver in the class, and i think he and his entire crew are making great progress. We made our run 1 pair before chris, when he came around the turn at the end of the track the car sounded fine, i myself was surprised to see oil spiting out of it, funny thing is if there was no oil and he stopped in the middle of the track, he would of been in trouble with NHRA for holding up the race. Keep up the good work Chris and crew - D.J. Cox

3. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

I dont see by anybodies previous responses that someone got up on the wrong side of the bed, got up on the tire, hit the limiter etc.

4. Barry Ferriolo

Pat - I have given great thought to your question. Their crew chief reminds me of Dennis Hopper circa Easy Rider days and as in evidence (Dave Smith photo E-Town div 1 race) they all like girlie man beer. Perhaps Graham doesn't like either!!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  5. Brownman

Brownman New Member

Enough!

Please read the following:
    I have never spoken to Graham until late this afternoon. He was a complete gentleman and understood the situation completely. The concern was for the saftey of the driver and not the oil down. Our carbon Bucket had a a notch cut into the front that allowed the oil to spill over at the top end. ( that is how we purchased it) We have since ordered a new kevlar ballistic blanket from DT and will see all you guys in Richmond. Thanks for the support.
    Brownman and the FNG's:D

6. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

Glad to hear you get to go play in Richmond!

7. Brownman

Brownman New Member

Thank You all

Alot of nice people and Teams reached out to NHRA and once everyone calmed down we were all on the same page. Hope we don't bring the rain down with us. Looking forward to seeing all you D1 hitters in Richmond. And don't forget about all you guys that were coming over to help us strap that new BNR engine in place. Gotta lot of work to do. Thanks Again
    Brownman:D

8. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

Hilarious!

What do they drink, Budweiser?

9. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

Glad to hear you got the situation handled. Good luck in Richmond! If you want, we can watch it rain together. At least there is asphault there.

10. Barry Ferriolo

Chris - Just remember..." WE MUST ALL HANG TOGETHER OR MOST ASSUREDLY WE WILL HANG SEPARATELY" - and yes - THIS BUDS' FOR YOU!! GOOD LUCK.

11. Shadow Warrior

Shadow Warrior New Member

Pat McGill asks "Where did I bad mouth the team"
    Pat, just what is a team?
    Is it the crew that all wishes they could take that ride, but realize that the one who was picked to drive is the most qualified.
    It's funny that you have had you nose in Brown's business since he struggled at Hawleys school. Struggled, but passed. Seems to me that you have a real hair up your butt that the Brown team never asked you to drive. Until you come out and watch things from the track you should probably just go off the air.

As a retired Disabled American Veteran who served 20 years in what is arguably the most elite fighting force in the world, my sole concern was to protect the freedom of which you hide behind and take shots at the people who are out there giving everything they got.

While I am not a crew member, I enjoy the sport with a passion. I recently ran into this team at Englishtown with my daughter who drive a Junior. We have no hope of moving into the TA/FC ranks, can't afford it. This team signed eveything she asked for, put her in the seat for a photo and insisted we have lunch with them. This sport is all funding, but at their level it is all about heart and these guys have it right. Shortly after we left their compound I watched Chris Brown humbled by the kids that looked at him like he was Manzo.

In closing I would reccomend that Pat McGill should just make your case and move on instead of being such an old lady about the whole thing.
    I understand this team would struggle to get to Richmond with the damage they had, but I'll tell you one thing, I'd be happy to help them any way I could.
    Everybody loves an underdog

12. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket New Member

As for all of this shadow warrior you forgot one person on the crew. LITTLE ROCKET! the youngest member on the team. As for the girlly beer I drink JACK DANIELS!!!

LITTLE ROCKET

13. DaFly

DaFly New Member

im back!

i'd like to first thank everyone for their support, on and off the track. im very proud to be racing in this division with such good people. honestly i wasnt the most mentally strong after this whole thing occurred. but after walking around and talking to some people (mullins, barry, d.j, mickey, dave etc) they made me feel like "part of the gang". After some funny stories how everyone had there screw-ups and embarrassing moments, i relized its just part of racing. so i now can laugh about being thrown in the penalty box haha. so agian thanks for the gracious comments and hope to see everyone in richmond.:D

14. DaFly

DaFly New Member

oh yeah as for the "girlie" beer- brownman motorsports only drinks corona's :cool:

15. bruce mullins

bruce mullins Top Dragster

COROLLA!!, no wonder that thing kicked a rod. them toyota's don't last!:eek:

16. Scotty Mac

Scotty Mac TAFC

Something in the air that day?

Chris,
    I'm glad you straightened your situation out with NHRA. There was definitely something in the air (or the PA Dutch water), or maybe an ingrown hair that was annoying the officials. We got our wee-wees spanked for scattering parts on the track on Sunday (the car shook so hard that the dust filter from the clutch can fell off and bounced into the 330' block). Even Dave Reiff made a comment to me in the shutdown area. We had no clue on what anyone was talking about at the time. It seemed like they were quick to jump to conclusions. Maybe they were just trigger happy with all of the accidents that happened over the weekend (Albert, Ciccarone, K. Johnson, Northrop), and you guys became the proverbial straw. Good luck to you and the FNG's in Richmond.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2006
  17. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

Again, where did I bad-mouth the team? One must assume that you have something personal against me.

Thanks for the recommendation about moving on! I'll think about it.:rolleyes:

I agree, everybody loves an underdog. But, no one (except the Safety Safari suppliers) likes oil on a racetrack.

Good luck to the Brown team in Richmond!

18. eli

eli Banned

Hey Scotty Mac, you got to know that ( MAPEL grove ) is the Terenzio Bros. ginx track from back in 1972, thats why we call Peter the plague, they did the same thing to me back then, sent me down with wet tires,on a AA/A 92 in.weel base,( i had to drive trough the burn out box and stage without drying the tires because comp cars were not alowed to do burnouts over the line) all you guys should sue N.H.R.A. for sending you down a wet and dangerous race track, you guys race cars, not mudders (horses) :rolleyes:

As a side note I did hit the gard rail and slide down it on fire and totaled my car , and sinse then I have a unique middel finger,it pretty much says up yours side ways

Last edited: Oct 6, 2006
  19. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

Good Luck in Richmond.

Sounds like a big ordeal was made out of nothing.

And sounds like the team has the correct players involved.

In any regard - How long has the team been racing TAFC and how low in the 5's has the team went?

If it is not raining, should be fast.

20. pmbuick

pmbuick Member

Hey Eli, I want you to know I was not there that day in '72, although I was blamed for the outcome. But I was there this past weekend when we had our best showing to date. ( your friend the Plaque---- MAPLE)