Blown Alcohol Dragster's days are numbered...

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Jun 7, 2006.

1. PANMAN

PANMAN Super Comp

Parity

I Think It May Lighten Things Up If We Talk About The Parity Of Whether Those Are Real Or Store Bought And Which Is Better..!!
    But Thats Just From A Funny Car Guy.. Sorry Guys Not Meaning To Diminsh The Tad/afd Issue..

2. Don Hudson

Don Hudson Supa fly

Now we're on to something, Randy G. keeping the "funny" in Funny Car.
    If it's not fun, quit and get Hot Nurses outfit, wear it around for a bit. Then remember how comfy the SFI 20 Firesuit is. I choose the fire suit.

I kept falling over in the heels..

3. eli

eli Banned

Hey Randy, Panman, give me the combination to that zipper and i`ll tell you if they are real. aaaheeet, daaaaa, aaaaa, homana,homana.;)

4. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

Unfortunately, the first nurse was a too busy. I found a suitable replacement and edited my original post, though.

RG

5. Cricket

Cricket New Member

Interesting picture, maybe I will wear this to work one day and see what happens to my cardiac patients. Can you say Code Blue??????

6. eli

eli Banned

Hey if you look like the picture of Randys first post, there won`t be no code blue, and you can call me Jimaney ;)

7. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

hate to ruin the mood....

any doubts left? 5.22 - 5.32 = -.10

it's getting close to time to cue up taps...

8. Darren Smith

Darren Smith New Member

Will, I think you and I both know NHRA could care less about the Blown cars! They're probably scratching their heads that O'Bannon and Thacker are still out there.

9. eli

eli Banned

Tell you what, when Mike Koskey, quits /or goes A fuel, then you can kiss The blown cars good bye.:(

10. alky racer

alky racer New Member

Guess O'Bannon has not payed attention to the sound of taps he has been a little to busy winning rounds. Will is wright 5.32 best of the blown cars 5.22 best of the a-fuel cars. Did anyone else notice that O'Bannon went 271.08 in the last round of qualifying? Anyone notice that he went 5.320 with the top bulb out to bad the rookie went in deep would of been good for a few numbers. I hope the blown cars dont give up I heard help might be coming soon in the way of overdrive. Hey will still willing to bet a blown car wont win another national event this year. You almost ate that at Chicago to bad the quill shaft broke for O'Bannon it would of been intresting to see if he could of done it again.

11. ch3no2

ch3no2 New Member

Killer air and a consistent blown car almost won the event. I guess they still don't have a chance.

12. Will Hanna

Staff Member

not as strong as the box score...

i don't know for sure which member of the o'bannon team you are alky racer...i'm guessing sean(i know what it's like to be hard on a rookie driver..lol), steak dinner says a blown car won't win a race on western swing. even money bet.

yall really got the hot rod running, those were impressive numbers. nice speed on the 271...second fastest ever i believe.

r1 you beat samsel's 5.61
    r2 you beat hirata's 5.95
    r3 nice holeshot victory over ashley's 5.35
    final broke...tough break.

don't take this the wrong way, but count your blessings you rolled in deep and didnt qualify fourth, or hirata would have served you up an all you can eat 5.27 in round one like he did torrence.

honestly, i would love for you guys to prove me wrong and show that there's some hope for the blown guys. given jack's connections with nhra, that's good news to hear coming from your team that maybe they are considering some od.

ps i'm sure i'll meet you in denver or fontana...i'll be at both with jeff izbell

13. Will Hanna

Staff Member

weight correction

fyi, i was wrong.....minimum weight was increased from 1750 to 2025 in 2001.
    department of corrections....

congrats on the win in fontana.

14. LaDon

LaDon New Member

Almost won the event? He didnt tho. How come when the blower guys "almost win" it gets put that way and if an afuel "almost wins" it is put in the sense that Look everyone a blower win not an "almost win for the afuel"?

15. JBJ

JBJ Member

Why don't "YOU" give it a rest?

16. $candal

$candal New Member

Take notice in what Sean O. is doing this year. A tenth or not, he's winning races and going very deep everywhere he goes and is the front runner for the championship. the A/fuelers are definently faster, but not as consistent. Case in point, Topeka. Bill Reichert had almost a tenth on sean in qualifying, then on race day, dropped a cylinder at the hit and lost to demke in the 2nd round. And, I know everyone will say, oh he missed the tune up. he probably had the same tune up in it than he did in during qualifying. Why would he change the tune-up with a tenth coverage? I'm glad to see Sean proving all the naysayers wrong! Halfway through the season, what are the #'s. Blown victorys vs. A/Fuel victorys. I haven't a clue, but I would bet it's close. And that is the only stat that should matter. tenth or not. Let the fight begin after this post so I apologize, but have been wanting to say something.

Have a great Independence Day weekend! Remember all the troops all over the world allowing us to have as much fun as we do!

17. therealspeedster

therealspeedster Jr. Dragster

hey will i will take your bet on the western swing deal!
    i say if not at sanoma then for sure at seattle!
    it has been up around 100 deg. here already this year and the long range is saying it will be one of the hottest record breaking years this summer?
    that should give the blown guys some hope?:D
    either way i will be sitting out there melting in the sun watching and loving every minute of it!:cool:

18. Al Napier

Al Napier New Member

>>>5.22 best of the a-fuel cars>>>

If you are talking about Arthur's run at Englishtown a couple weeks back please note he also has almost a full tenth on the next best A/Fuel car too, close to a tenth and a half better than Ashley.

I don't have a dog in this hunt and mostly just lurk here but thought that this needed to be pointed out to keep the discussion on an even keel.

What got my attention however was that there wasn't a full field of dragsters regardless of combo there in Joisey.........

Al (was at E-Town and saw for myself) in CT

19. LaDon

LaDon New Member

Well JBJ the reason I dont give it a rest is cause of the way of thinking on most of this. First off let me tell you and everyone this I LIKE THE A FUEL CARS! I think they are neat I love the sound and the smell there is nothing like nitro but I do want to see the class have both and I do work on a blower car. All any of us want is a fair shake here and a performance dissadvantage dosent help that. Anyone that is involved with racing knows this is 75% luck and 25% skill. There is always a lucky round in a winners race somewhere usually. Yes there are races just won on performance but they are few. A tenth is a tenth I dont care how you slice it. Yeah maybe Aurthers car was a tenth better than the next afuel car but at least Ashley had the same rules to play with to gain that tenth. That is all anyone wants on either side but most ppl dont look at it that way. All my comment before was doing was repeating the same way of looking at it as there is when the shoe is on the other foot but then again everyone out there must only have one foot.

20. Will Hanna

Staff Member

comparisons...

one thing i've noticed is people say...well reichert or gallant has a tenth on the rest of the a/fuelers even, so you can't compare all a/f's to him. then those same people are quick to compare all blown cars to o'bannon...

i think we're all blue in the face from arguing it. numbers can be twisted to make them work the way you want. my idea of parity is at the end of the day a blown car can run an a/f car and if both cars run their potential, its a close race...

i've stated my peice on the matter...