XRP, Goodridge & Startlite fuel line question

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Scott Misus, May 4, 2004.

1. Scott Misus

Scott Misus New Member

I prefer the look of the new black woven XRP HS79 lines and black fittings. The lighter weight is also a plus. However, $28/ft for #10 hose is a little salty.

What is available from my friendly neighborhood hydraulic hose supplier that has the same look, but is also impervious to alchohol and nitro?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Scott Misus

Scott Misus New Member

Hello? Hello?

tap, tap, tap.......

Is this thing on?

Testing, testing.......

3. Gary Mangiafico

Scott,

Nothing that I am aware of. If you want that light weight hose, you will have to pay for it. If not than you need to go with the steel braided hose.

Also with the light weight hose you need a crimper to assemble the ends. So you will either have to purchase the crimping set or purchase the hoses pre-assemled.

Gary Mangiafico

4. Scott Misus

Scott Misus New Member

Thanks, Gary.

Not necessarily do I need the lightweight hose; I just prefer black instead of the gaudy stainless stuff with red and blue ends.

That's why I asked about the suitability of other hydraulic hoses. I know that Aeroquip makes black covered stainless hose, but that too is more expensive than just braided stainless.

There has to be something out there that may be used as a substitute for stuff that's marketed as being "automotive specific".

Thanks.

5. altered boy

altered boy Outlaw Altered

Scott... I use lines like you are talking about on my blown altered. I get them from a local hydraulics and fluid shop. The lines use 'push-lock' style fittings. I usually buy the brass ones as they are very tolerant of all fuels and seal very well, but I have also used aeroquip push in fittings with this brand of hose. I believe the stuff I've been getting is a gates product. Comes in black and blue, has a soft ("cloth-like"... non-metallic) outter shell. I believe it's rated for 300-350psi working pressures. I've had great luck with it. Go to my website and click on the button labeled 'bullet'... it will take you to the page showing my motor set up... there are several shots where you can see the lines and fuel system. Hope this helps... feel free to contact me if you have any questions... Sean

www.metalmafiaracing.com

6. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

Sean:

You have a very nice looking altered. Very clean.

RG

7. altered boy

altered boy Outlaw Altered

hey thanks a lot Randy... much appreciated. i built it from straight sticks in my basement and then my favorite part of the story... totally disassembled it and carried it out a 30" door! it's fuel legal... and I PROMISE someday it'll have a flopper body on it! i wanna play with the big kids too! Sean

www.metalmafiaracing.com