WTB Hat to suit roots blower

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by 37hemi, Mar 23, 2011.

1. 37hemi

37hemi New Member

2. Don Onimus

Don Onimus New Member

injector

There are lots to choose from. Some injectors really help certain superchargers. Also the money you want or willing to spend. Don

3. 37hemi

37hemi New Member

hat

ttt please

4. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Make that whatever hat you buy that the bottom opening matches the opening in the top of the blower for whatever overdrive you are using. If your OD requires a 10.5-11" opening then there is no point in buying a hat with a 9.5 bottom opening. The ideal thing is to buy a custom made spacer to go between the hat and blower and match both openings.

5. 37hemi

37hemi New Member

hat

Oh, nice to no. Where would I would I find this info out

6. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Tricks of tuning. So what blower do you have now? What OD are you using and how long is the blower top opening now?

7. 37hemi

37hemi New Member

hat

I have a 427ci Hemi. At the moment I have a retro 6/71 making 28psi. Has a bird on top with the RCD hat spacer. But Im planning to put a hi helix 14/71 on it very shortly. I want to make 35 - 40 psi. I havnt got a 1471 yet so I can get any sized top opening. I want a new hat mainly due to looks more than anything.

8. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

On most 1471s at that 35-40 lbs of boost you will have the top hole of the blower wide open at around 10.5"-11" or whatever the blower you decide on has. So you don't want a hat with a 9.5 bottom opening. Like I said the other option is to get a custom machined 2-3" spacer that matches the two openings. That spacer is going to cost you around $500. The hat designs are important and the wrong hat can cost you a lot of horsepower. Just something to keep in mind. A mismatch between the blower and the hat can cost you upwards of 150 HP.

9. Peacemaker AFC

Peacemaker AFC New Member

hat

Jim Phillips has a carbon hat complete with k valve and stops. I think he is asking 2 grand and it maybe only a couple years old but in very good shape and not worn out like most you will find. Find him on here under Jim Phillips motorsports he runs a mustang alcohol funny car. I can get you one though it depends on how much you want to spend on one. I don't rip people off so I won't make anything off of it.