Wives

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by jdgmntl1, Jul 5, 2004.

1. jdgmntl1

jdgmntl1 New Member

Hello fellow TAFC/TAD'S
    I've been crewing a TAFC for three years now and have brought my wife to a national event recently. She now wants us to have a car(she hasn't see the budget) and we didn't even win. She say's she loves it. Do you think she possibly is on the level? Please give me feedback quick. Thanks.
    P.S. She can run the valves faster than most guys knows the firing order of most V8's and passed on a new minivan to order a new 05' Stang.

2. Harry Rydbom

Harry Rydbom Member

Sound`s like she reddy!!!Make her the driver ;) ;)

3. clint thompson

my wife has been my biggest supporter for my eighteen years in the sport. she is awesome. watch out though, they get excited when they are there having fun and things are going well. they get real irritable when things are down and the bills are rolling in. they don't seem to understand (me either) why that little box you just got from ups costs so damn much! make sure she knows (and you too)what you're getting into! [​IMG]

4. clint thompson

harry is right though, she'll like it better if she gets to drive!!

5. Z28u up

Z28u up New Member

don't leave it up to a woman. they can be fair weather friends when it comes to racin. i love my wife to death, but when the chips are down they can be quite tricky.

6. Rapid Transit

Rapid Transit New Member

Are you guys JUST tryin to start trouble???!!!!.

Fair weather my ***. I have been racing 20 years with my husband, and this is the first year I have not attended basically every race. If she loves it, she loves it and you will know, if she IS just a fair weather gal, then she doesn't really love it, and you just weren't smart enough to figure it out. DON'T group everyone together, men or women. Besides how is she going to like it when she finds out what you said???

7. David Christy

David Christy New Member

WAY to go Kim! [​IMG] My wife has gone to the races every time the car has left the home. Even gone without me to help other teams . A/F and Blown alike.

David Christy
    TA/D 409

THE BLONDE CHIEF DEBI CHRISTY

8. David Christy

David Christy New Member

WAY to go Kim! [​IMG] My wife has gone to the races every time the car has left the home. Even gone without me to help other teams . A/F and Blown alike.

David Christy
    TA/D 409

9. David Christy

David Christy New Member

David Christy
    TA/D 409

10. was R4K

was R4K Member

This thread has the potential to be one of the all time greats! :D
    Judgemntl- now that your team is making such great progress, can they afford to lose you?

11. PANMAN

PANMAN Super Comp

THE WAY I SEE IT IS, IF I HAD NOT MET MY WIFE I WOULD PROBABLY STILL BE WATCHING NASCAR EVERY
    SUNDAY, SHE BROUGHT ME NEW ENGLAND DRAGWAY IN 83
    FOR MY FIRST ALKY SHOW. FROM THEN ON IT WAS ALL OVER. 10 YEARS W/OUR BRACKET CAR AND NOW GOING
    INTO MY 7TH YEAR WITH A TAFC TEAM, 1 NATIONAL
    WALLY AND 4 DIV. WALLY'S LATER, IT WOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED WITHOUT HER SUPPORT AND LOVE OF THE SPORT.

12. TheBlondeCrewChief

TheBlondeCrewChief Almost A/F

Z2, it's a good thing Kim already smacked you, lol, or I'd have to jump in with one of my message board mini-novels.

Don't leave it up to a woman... man..... that's precisely how some race teams DO get things done right. Most race teams got over the "just let her sweep the trailer & make sandwiches" thing a long time ago. Welcome to today. ;)