wiring a rpm switch w/ a pro mag 44

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by dlewis, Aug 29, 2011.

1. dlewis

dlewis New Member

Anybody ever do this or have any luck trying to do it. I've beat my brains out trying to figure it out and I just cant get it to work. I've tried a relay and just straight wiring it and still nothing. Any help or a schematic would be greatly appreciated.

2. Don Onimus

Don Onimus New Member

RPM Switch

It is a piece of cake with the box with the tack output. Go to MSD's site and look under there wiring . Don

3. Money Shot

Money Shot Member

Are you looking to wire a two step or a RPM activation switch?

4. dlewis

dlewis New Member

Don I know it should be easy, I've wired a bunch of them for other people before with no problems but none with a mag 44 and I've followed the instructions per msd's website still no luck. Moneyshot I'm trying to wire a rpm activated switch to use to actuate the solenoid on an air shifter. Funny thing is it was wired to an electric shifter and it worked fine it just wouldnt hit hard enuff to go into high gear so they decided to go the pneumatic route. I've had nothing but problems since.

5. outracer

outracer Member

just asking RPM switch supplies a ground you run power to the activation box and the RPM switch supplies the ground. just want to make sure thats how you have it wired