Winberg crank, how may runs?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Rowdy Reputation, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Rowdy Reputation

Rowdy Reputation New Member

I know this has been discussed before, i have searched with no results. How many passes do you feel safe putting on a winberg billet crank. I have purchased a block with a crank that has 40 runs on it. If it checked fine would you run it or replace it. This was in a pro mod with 1871 roots, 1/8 mile only. I am new to the game of blown alky stuff. Thanks Shawn

2. jody stroud

jody stroud ZOMBIE Top Dragster

If it mags okay I would
    continue to run it, have it checked once a year

3. Joad Donnelly

Joad Donnelly Member

After our recent experience with a broken crank I would have to say I would be very leery of ever running a crank in which I didn't know the exact history of. We bought a turnkey engine, tore it apart and the crank magnafluxed fine. It broke in three pieces after about 15 1/8 mile hits with pretty soft tune-ups. If you're asking this I'm guessing you're on a budget so going buying a new crank isn't exactly a cheap thing to do but breaking one is a real kick in the balls. Good Luck!
    Joad

4. AFC357

AFC357 New Member

What Brand Crank??

5. overkill69

overkill69 Member

crank

Joad broke a Bryant.

The way I look at it, a good used billet will bring 1500.00 and a new Bryant is a little over 3000.00 It's really not that much out of pocket compared to the risk.
    We've run Bryant's for hundreds of laps but some guys crack them in 10.
    I would be extra leery of a crank from a team that likes to get aggressive with timing.

6. AFC357

AFC357 New Member

I SWEAR by Bryants!!!! NEVER hurt one...and ive been "rough" on stuff!!! hahaha