Will @ Santa Pod

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Bob Meyer, May 25, 2009.

1. Bob Meyer

Bob Meyer Comp Eliminator

Good job Will, to put a 1st time guy in the final looked good, with a 5.37 along the way!

And great showings from Timo's tractor motored TMD @5.35,
    also a great showing from England's "oldest living fossil" Dave Wilson in A/FD @ 5.30.

TAFC was also stout. This track is the worlds quickest "all asphalt" (no concrete !)

See results @ Eurodragster.com
    FIA "Main Event"

2. SICTOR

SICTOR hola amigos!

hey

word on the street is that Larry Miersch was out there too??????

3. superpro453

superpro453 Member

Yes - Larry was tuning for Derek Flynn in Larry's old car -sadly, they didn't make the field. Keith Stark was also here, advising Esko Raisvuo in Keith's old car. Esko also didn't make it in either. Bump was 5.5802.

Martyn

4. SICTOR

SICTOR hola amigos!

ahhhh

is the A Fuel class out in santa pod hit with the same fuel restrictions as in America?:confused:

5. superpro453

superpro453 Member

The FIA usually lags a year behind the NHRA. Current FIA rule is 97%.

6. larrymiersch

larrymiersch Member

England

Yes, I was over there as well as other American racers such as: Keith Stark, Jim Brissette, John Smith, and Will Hanna.

We definitely had a share of "struggles" to say the least. We had an extremely good year last year and will hopefully regain form in Finland.

More importantly give kudos to the Habermann family! They are a great family, with a great team and deserve the win! Great Job guys!

Grumpy got his a-fueler running strong too. Nice to see it!

It was also nice to see 3 Spitzer cars over there. The winning TMD also had a Spitzer wing on it.

Santa Pod is a great track( as long as its not raining!) The facility is great, the people are wonderful, and even the announcers are quality! If you get a chance to go, I would suggest trying to attend the european finals in September. You will not be disappointed!

Thanks to the Derek Flynn/Gold RV team for everything. Hope to see you guys soon!

Last edited: May 27, 2009
  7. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

great weekend

I have to say we had a great weekend at Santa Pod. We showed up with a new driver that had never went faster than 8.60's in a SC dragster, got him licensed, then went on to break the FIA TMD Speed Record with a 5.45/265 in his first pass in competition. He did a great job all weekend, including a holeshot win in the semifinals on his way to a runner-up finish. Fred Hanssen is well on his way to being a great driver in this class.

It was great to see guys like Keith Stark and Larry Miersch on hand as well. Keith is busy racing with his grand daughters go-karts, so it's up in the air how many more races he'll make with Esko.

I have to say the weather was great for the main event, and the track was as good as any national event track I've ever raced on. I mean like Chicago-Vegas good.

Congrats to Timo & family for the well-deserved win. You had that Whipple flying. Also congrats to Dave Wilson for the 5.30. We're enjoying the speed record while it lasts...when you get that thing to the finish line, it will be yours..

Looking forward to racing in Finland in July!

Last edited: May 27, 2009
  8. enzo

enzo 5.500 & 270

Baaaa-aaaa.

I am so poor as driver, that we didn´t have a chance to bang the power of MBR to track(tor). -Sorry, Have Chryslers back home too, but this is faster to service with 2-3 crewmembers.
    -There is a no-mercy showing Racepak in our car and that shows clearly, that it is a fault of the idiot hanging on butterflies, that failed the bump.
    -Another fact is, that we both outbumped would easily qualify for TF-field.

But when that idiot gets used to, Grumpy will have a hurry..;)

But great guys all, who flied over to help whoever. Nice guys indeed.
    -Will is bit shy between the perverts that are running naked or half naked round the pits. :D

Alastaro, round 2, here we come with high heels and GONG!
    -Meanwhile I play with practisetree and learn to drive.

-E-

9. Pipe Tools

Pipe Tools New Member

Santa Pod

Enzo,

It was nice to meet you and your crew.
    We had a great time there with my old car.
    Fred Hanssen did a great job for a rookie driver.
    To set the European speed record and runner up at his first race was quite a acomplishment. It was a nice to work with all the old crew again. Best part was I was not footing the bill !
    We put 14 passes on his car that week. There were many many late nights, cold showers and warm Stellas. (The Brits do not belive in ice I guess) It was definately a great team effort.
    I hope to go help Fred again when time permits.
    Howie Main

Check out Fred on youtube.

10. enzo

enzo 5.500 & 270

Booomm..

Oujess they say.
    Fred is superb driver, Timo is the another clockmachine. It´s so hard to swallow that I am not the driver at all compared to others.
    -Probably we have the most powerful car and baddest driver. Timo and Fred will do for championship being stabile and fast all the time, weekend after weekend with grrreat reactions and sharp crew.

I like all the guys that race here. All are bit different and somewhat different way twisted, but good guys by nature. Peter, Paul-Ingar, Timo, Dennis, Derek, Rob, Dave, Krister and Fred.. <-These are the drivers, we are just idiots and happy as we are.
    -We are just disturbing others peace with a littlebit of storm ofcourse and having fun big time after long break.

On side of that we ofcourse try to get official finnish record to right garage. (No matter, that the 2 that are faster stand in our garage already, both with uncle Bob´s chassis, better drivers have retired from hot seats).
    -We are third now on finnish ranks and just 0.03 sec out of quitting smoking.
    -Topspeed the nitromotor pulls like train from hell. Eyeballs go like pingpong somewhere between my small brains.
    -After we get that few hundreds off we concentrate to hunt that 20´s game.
    -Others can race more seriously meanwhile. We are happy for few nice passes that really give flight.
    -Some other year and after tens of laps we maybe and only maybe can dream to be competitive on reactions etc consistency too. Some year indeed, not this.

There are much better reactions on my kid, who just got first rides on Junior Modified. While kids are growing, dads will play against aging.. :p

Thats damn sad, that Keith (and Greg) do not have veeery long summer holidays. Great men and by professionality from other planet than we can ever be. Must call the company boss, that swap him for stickers for few weekends.. Tuning this car is weird world to me and compared to alc cars what we have done earlier. Also it helps mentally when you have very experienced shoulder where to place head when not done very well..:rolleyes:

The 261mph what we did on last qual shot was a real experience. Oh boy, that was on air all the time. (Last best passes for me 9 years ago were 6.5 on 213mph.. ). Hopefully we all get used to and prepared better for the big kick when the motor wakes up like it did, or more. The changes on tuneup surprised totally how the car reacts for them. Flesh will really move towards finishline when tractormotor kicks right..
    -Hopefully will never get used too much. These feelings should continue on and on forever. Thats addict like everybody here has.

But thats about that. Next weekend finnish national race and kid with JR-D racing there. That is so much speculated qualitytime with dad and kid. (And not that hurry working with car).

On Alastaro finnish main race there is yet another great guy more. Arto Höylä comes also there and the bump will be just as crazy that it was in UK. Same song will continue to Sweden, Germany and Santa Pod finals too.
    -What a year. And how exciting it must be for spectators. Side by side and quicker than ever.

Also we will keep looking after to find drivers for these 2 Meyer cars. That may help on getting to 16 car fields for 2010 season and naturally would drop travelling costs dramatically when we cross the little seas between here, Sweden, Germany and 2 times both ways to UK.
    -Volunteer drivers with somekind of own wallet needed!!:p
    -And crazy hardworking mechanical guys too. Mechanics with fire inside are the people who make these things to fly. People just watching the sport will never understand that how important these guys are.

I do love our few boys who patiently were sitting and waiting that we can do it someday again and this time right. Most lost their faith during years´and pressure of families, work etc, but few didn´t.
    -Those few good men. They may not be most professional, or fastest in every job, but they really are these guys that my words cannot tell how I feel with.

Big thanks for Anthony at Santa Pod blending us fuels. Thats a hell to try to play with measuring glasses and hygrometer. Eye lies more than 24pics in a second.

And we are back. Thats how it must be. Many times asked upstairs to help, asked people to help. We have that help. And I will thank for that and behave like that needs. Will quit smoking soon too..:)

Long story, but all people and little things except me really deserved to be mentioned. I could probably start next career as writer of bs novells.

11. ulf PM Swede

ulf PM Swede New Member

12. Ro Yale

Ro Yale Member

Great videos!
    Thanks, Ro