Will Hanna??? Is that you???

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by 65dodge, Jul 1, 2010.

1. 65dodge

65dodge Member

I thought you might find this funny. I have an ad on ITA looking for a 10 inch clutch and look at the e-mail I got today.

Date: Thursday, July 1, 2010 7:59 AM
    To: jason@amicusystems.com
    Subject: WTB: 10 inch glide clutch Looking for a 10 inch glide style clutch. 6 stand, aluminum or titanium. Must be in good to excellent condition. Spare discs and floaters a plus. Thanks. 8 bolt Hemi Flywheel.
    Size: 3 KB

I do have the parts in good condition. Let me know if you still need them.

Will Hanna.
    South Walks Road, DT1 1AD, UK.

2. Kenneth S

Kenneth S Member

I got one of those emails also.

stacyhanna8591@gmail.com;

Parts Wanted, Parts For Sale Wanted: Billet 3.750", 3.800", 3.850", or 3.900" stroke double keyed crankshaft for Hemi, STD main, STD rod. 5", 5 1/2", or 6" snout, and coupler for SSI 6/71 blower. 14.3 blower restraint/bag (SSI 6.71). Oil pump drive w

I do have the parts in good condition. Let me know if you still need them.

Will Hanna.
    South Walks Road, DT1 1AD, UK.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  3. mightymouse

mightymouse Member

got the same email about parts iam looking for, allso got a few the other day from the UK that put up a red flag in my book...

4. James D

James D New Member

Yep me too

5. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

Guys thanks for the heads up. Obviously it's not me, I'm not from the UK and my wifes name is Kelly. Before we tip this jackass off if those who have recieved this email could get as much info as possible from him on how to get in touch.

I just happen to be making a stop in Uk next week.

6. Adger Smith

Adger Smith New Member

UK scammer

I have had the same response on a shorty conversion for a Pro Flite.
    Couldn't get anything out of him.. He kept wanting my information, says to ship parts for my inspection... Wanted $110 for something worth $1000 to $1200... Yea, right..I finally blocked him
    Adger

7. T.A.D. 776

T.A.D. 776 New Member

There is nothing in any of the above posts to indicate that Will Hanna from the United Kingdom has done anything underhanded in any way.
    Every one of his emails is from a valid email address and clearly state that he is in located in the UK and include his mailing address and even his wife's name.
    Yet here on this open forum for all to see he is being called a "jackass" for the simple reason that he has a rather common name.
    Then another comes on calling him a scammer because of a difference in communication with someone from a different country.
    My name is David Hitt and that is not a common name, but I happen to know of at least 20 others that share that name in just the United Stated and one of them drives a circle track car in the South Eastern States. How many more in the world ? who knows.
    I have owned a wholesale parts company for 28 years called Full Race Supply and we ship Racing parts all over the world. Yes I have shipped parts in the past to a William Hanna in the UK and his money was always good. One order that comes to mind right off was 24 matching Arias pistons for the 426 style Hemi. I have no way to know at this time if it is the same person or not but should add that Hanna is a very common name in the UK and all over the world for that matter.
    It appears to me from the wording that the original poster never accused this person of anything and only posted it as a curiosity. "I thought you might find this funny"
    I suggest backing off on this unless someone comes forth with some REAL information.
    The only legal defense for SLANDER is truth.
    Thou shall not bear false witness.
    Enough said.

8. NITROBANDIT1

NITROBANDIT1 LOST IN SPACE

scammers

true, there are some legitimate people that we sell parts to and nothing goes wrong. i think there isnt a person on ita that hasnt been screwed by someone buying parts from us at one time or another, myself included. thats why i do scrutinize every single person that i can or cant shake their hand weather or not to take their money(assuming its not out of a copier), a money order (AGAIN, NOT OUT OF A COPIER), or a bank cashiers check, (AGAIN, FOR THE HEARING IMPAIRED, NOT OUT OF A COPIER!) . do we have the right to assume everybody is a scammer. hell, yes. i wouldnt trust half the people on the street to be honest about doing money for parts deals. is it my right to do that? absolutely. do you know what a scammer calls his victims? suckers. read that as SUCKERS. they have no remorse for what they are doing, and feel they are doing no wrong. want proof? my girlfriends step mom has alheimers diesease. does that prevent scammers from calling her and getting checks sent to them. no. they call knowing she cant remember who they are and how many times shes paid them. the same scum that does these things have no remorse whatsoever and would do the same to their own mothers. they are truely scum of the earth. slander? oh, boo hoo. so somebody got their feelings hurt for having the same name. whaaa. if you have nothing to hide, then give all the info to the guy your trying to buy something from. if they dont, theyre hiding something and should be sent packing. its called common sense. if everybody had it scammers couldnt get away with it. by the way, did you send your check to the uk for the 10 million theyre going to send you once they get your check? didnt think so. so maybe you did finally catch on.

9. Cricket

Cricket New Member

The address and postal code for this individual is valid. He lives in Dorchester, Dorset England.

10. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

name game

I have raced in Europe and I think I would know another Will Hanna that had a bunch of alcohol parts.

If the guy is legit I apologize in advance. It's a small world we live in and I just think there's about a 99.9% chance this is a scammer.

BUT if someone wants to send him some cash to prove he's legit, by all means....

11. IvanS

IvanS New Member

I suspect this is the same scammer who listed a postcode that was in Soho (central London) that hit a series of ads for parts a couple of weeks ago... If "Texas Will" wants a photo of "UK Will" I'll keep an eye open for him when I'm in Dorchester next week...

12. PROCOMP1

PROCOMP1 New Member

Just pretend he is a stop sign Will...and drive right through him... I'll get the Sharpie to fix the paint damage...

13. badbird

badbird New Member

funny thing this email stuff,
    im from the UK and i got an email from someone who was standing next to me and had been with me all day, and would no way ever normaly send me an email,
    yet the email address was right...Dont beleive everything you get by email even if the address looks good something goofy here