Why the holes in the blades on PSI injectors?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Lonnie Houde, May 3, 2006.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

the other way

more often than not as a crew chief on cannon's car, i would use the holes to richen the motor. we set idle with two holes open. if someone was dragging their ass and taking too long, i would just reach over and plug one of the holes with my finger. if it really got to be long, i could plug both. one of the many things i've learned from conway over the years.

we now have the gorr two stage barrel valve, which is essential to the lencodrive deal. you can set it to where it idles nice and happy, and can get lean and mean at stage rpm. no more having to sacrifice your idle temps so you can have the bv lean at stage.

i think the early versions of this bv gave it a bad rap...they were very touchy. the latest versions are very easy to adjust, esp. if you have a flow meter.

2. Lonnie Houde

Lonnie Houde Member

Do you think i'll need to drill holes in my injector? I'm using a Pete Jackson Barrel valve, and going to run the car on a two-step. I'm also using the lastest Burnett "Funny Car" injector. I was thinking that with the Pete Jackson, I can richen or lean the motor with the idle screw.???

3. Les Mellows

Les Mellows New Member

Yes you should be fine with that BV, I would Have access caps on the injector base in case , and I sure would run the computer during the burnout and stage process to monitor the temps and flow during the burn out and back up time , at least until you find your 2 settings or desired alternatives in case you have a desire to change the launch flow. Just a thought .

4. Lonnie Houde

Lonnie Houde Member

Thank you Les................ Oh, and Les,: It is a wedge motor!! :D :D

5. John Haley

John Haley Alcohol Dragster

I hope no one really thinks i have that many holes in my injector hat. There are really two, one is taped off. The rest i drew on with a sharpie and the right size washer. I just don't want anybody to put all them holes in their butterfly's and think it's going to work. :D

6. M Tigges

M Tigges TAFC

MINT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greco400 likes this.
  7. John Haley

John Haley Alcohol Dragster

I did that first at topeka div. last year (4 across the bottom) and added the rest at dallas nat. (10 total) I could tell lots of people where looking at them but only Jerry Darrian came over and asked, what is with all the holes. From 6' he could not tell they where drawn on, not at 3' and not at 1'. I had to tell him they where drawn on with a sharpie. We all laughed.

8. clint thompson

That Is Awesome John, I Was Thinking What The ---- !! Thanks For The Laugh!