Why so many Bruno units for sale ?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by OwnBlock, Jul 6, 2007.

1. blown375

blown375 New Member

lencodrive

Will, I have a few friends that run lencodrives and they tell me that, if they bring up to much RPM on the starting line the brake won't hold and the cars will roll through the beams, and that is why the are tying in a line lock .
    The linelock just seems like a band aid to me and I'm curious how common this is with the lencodrive.

2. HEMIdude

HEMIdude New Member

blownzr1 to blown375

blown375, it seems blownzr1 has addressed this subject in a previous post.

3. lowcountry71

lowcountry71 New Member

this might not apply to a lencodrive but for a bruno it does. a bruno basically in sitting on the starting line in neutral until the tranny brake releases. thus if the starting line has any incline to it (up or down) the car can roll and red light. people with brunos run a line lock to keep the car from moving - not to increase the leave rpm. i have a line lock on my combination but rarely use it unless the car moves on the starting line. i know of several people who have (read have) used line locks on lencodrives with little success. they attempted to raise their leave rpm by using the line lock but in most instances created other problems (broken brake rotors, broken brake brackets and other borken parts). attempting to use a line lock to help raise the start line leave rpm is not the best way to go - just think about what you are trying to do - get the tranny brake to release as guickly as possible to get a good light and still you are holding the rear brakes to gain rpm or starting line creep - the timing delay between the tranny brake and the line lock will cause havoc with broken parts. the real fix is within the converter and not putting a band aide on the combination with a line lock.