Why?! Rip Tim

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by suddendebt, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

shake

Could the car have broken during heavy tireshake, which contributed to the car coming apart upon impact? Maybe it was a crack that got worse and worse. If the car made such a violent move, maybe it broke, then caused the move, then the situation got worse as a broken car hit the wall.

2. Mark Leigh

Mark Leigh Member

What I have read and saw on the accident was that the left front wheel came loose and ended up folded under the car, raised the right rear slick and steered it into the wall, there was the green paint of the lettering of the tire streaked along the track surface. RIP

3. tjb

tjb New Member

Nope

front end was fine

4. maddhatter

maddhatter Jr. Dragster

ihra or nhra specs

just wondering if the chassis cert was ihra or nhra ??

5. aafa434

aafa434 Fuelish Habit

Chassis cert

I'm curious where you got that tidbit. I would be very surprised if that were true.

I run with the OFAA and to my knowledge all our chassis are certed to the 6.00 and slower advanced et, minimum. That would cover anything we run in the group.

Most of these chassis will cert the 5.99 and quicker pro cert if you want to spend the extra money and do it every year, which I opt not to since I can do a much more thorough inspection of my own car than any chassis guy can in the 10-15 minutes it takes to do a "RA" cert. Mine is a NHRA cert. I have never done a cert through any other sanctioning body, so I can't say how anyone else does it.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  6. Gizmo

Gizmo Member

This information came from your president.

Steve L.

7. mightymouse

mightymouse Member

I think we should all look past whos to blame, its racing. but be looking for why the car broke where it did and fix the cars, not who had a tag or no tag, safety gear ect. we lost a friend and it feels like evey one wants to know whos fault it is, shouldnt we be looking at why it happin and not whos to blame????

8. Gizmo

Gizmo Member

Agreed, nobody is at fault here, this plain sucks all around. People have been severely or fatally injured in the best cars that money can buy with no expense spared on safety gadgetry. I was just providing a bit of information as to shed some light on why possibly the car broke how it did. It is no secret that a chassis designed for Sportsman would not be as strong given the power that Tim was putting down. With every tragedy we learn something, this event is no different.

All the best,
    Steve L.

9. aafa434

aafa434 Fuelish Habit

Chassis CERT MISINFORMATION

I am truly impressed! Obama himself is talking to you personally?? No shit!

As far as any other president that I know of who might have any knowledge of the sticker that was on Tim's chassis, I think I know who I'm going to believe here.

Do all of us a favor man, get your facts straight before you go slamming somebody who is no longer here to defend himself. The chassis did NOT, repeat DID NOT have a 8.99 sticker on it.

Take that to the bank.

You have accomplished nothing with this post except slander a good man's name and put an element of doubt in people's mind about a legitimate racing organization that takes care of their business, PROPERLY, and has demonstated that for the last 14 years to anyone who cared to take a real look. Exactly what service do you think you're doing for the racing community with this crap?