Who still makes Std deck / cam blocks?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by BBFA_Pilot, Apr 5, 2010.

1. BBFA_Pilot

BBFA_Pilot Member

Hey all.

After nuking my motor after a successful Easter weekend where I demolished more than just my PB's, I also annihilated a KB block by putting two 1 run old rods through it. It sucked and is a bitter pill to swallow, but thats racing :(

Anyway, with so many raised deck / cam etc block combinations, do any of the big hemi block manufacturers still make good old fashioned std deck / cam blocks? I don't mind going to 1" lifters, but my std deck BAE fuel heads are still in perfect condition and would hate to have to buy new heads.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also want to say thank you to select ITA members for their help and advice over the off season, running 6.62 @ 205 on a track which had 45F track temp was amazing. Thank you, you know who you are :)

2. aafa434

aafa434 Fuelish Habit

Raised vs std cam blocks

You don't have to lose your heads if you go to a raised cam block. Spacers or a transition manifold will keep those heads working for you.

3. Dragsterbus

Dragsterbus Member

Mine's a raised cam ,std deck KB Joe, i got an email off Ken Black last week and things are looking positive for them , looks like they're getting back on track

4. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

i have been doing fab and custom body and paint work for years im impressed with that guy amazing work

5. RACEFACE

RACEFACE Member

block

kb will still make you any block you need. give them a call 562-869-1518 talk to ken

6. Dragsterbus

Dragsterbus Member

Did you mean my youtube vid Jim ? if so Thankyou ! if not this message will self destruct in 5 seconds ha ha:D