Whipple back in racing

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Whipple Charged, Dec 26, 2008.

1. William Payne

William Payne New Member

Cool , I would love to say im interested but my wallet does not match my dreams and ambitions lol . Goodluck though.

2. marklee

marklee Blown Alcohol Dirt Drags

blowers

Dustin check PMs

3. Ozzy Osborn

Ozzy Osborn Member

Whipple

Hmmmm.....the only complaint I have is that Art would not call me back when I needed him most (in '08). I called at least 5 times, left a msg, got one return call from Art. He offered service of the unit and encouraged me to call with any questions and I did however, I got no more replies from anyone at Whipple. I did however, get replies from members here on ITA, which proved to be VERY helpful. I must say I am very pleased with my blower as it suits my racing needs in outlaw quick 8's exceptionally well. If it works out that the 980 can recert, and I decide to run nationals, my purchase will have proven to be a good choice as I certainly did not pay $10K for my blower...time will tell.

Ozzy

4. Dale H.

Dale H. Member

Hey Dustin,I was watching the Conan O'Brian Show and heard him plug your superchargers the other night. He said the nightrider car was Whipplecharged.

5. Whipple Charged

Whipple Charged New Member

Really? I'll have to find that on youtube or something. I knew the prototype car had our 3.3 liter, but if Conan said something, thats pretty cool.

6. Michael Harvey

Michael Harvey New Member

Whipples are still legal in Australia and Gary Phillips also recerts them over here

7. enzo

enzo 5.500 & 270

Bs.

Yep.
    Whipple named blowers have been easiest on maintenance usually here in otherside of atlantic water.

Because of the metalmilling factory who licencemade the Whipples to Whipple is in Sweden (overnight boattrip from here) european TAD(TMD) and TAFC (TMFC) (No alcohol advertising, twist it to Top Methanol) racers are allowed to use Whipples, both A and R as official choice, but with a littlebit poor over % compared to that expensive and more serviceneeding official choice.

On old times I think that fastest 5.48? sec Whipple was with Russels team. (That combo moved here and Eero Kilpeläinen ran it for official european record 5.69 at Santa Pod UK 1999.
    -That blower is sold to Sweden for Outlaw Streetcar.
    -I still have the older model Whipple on my garage. (Have a lot of stupid things in my garage and more to come). Actually this was even faster here 5.68, but had no backup for record. Speedrecord was on the older model.
    ---
    ---

Today the fastest Whippleguy on last NHRA Whipple rules is Timo Habermann, clocked TMD 5.46@258, Hockenheim 2008.
    -His little bro Dennis didn´t do bad either in Santa Pod European finals 2008 5.58@250.

These kids are quick, but old guys still can dance though.
    I am sure there will be a tough 8 car bump on some races 2009 in Europe too.

Have to challenge guys to make a blog/discussion where guys can pre-heat a bit. :p

But the Whipples will not come back to TAD / TMD etc. Have strong faith.

8. James D

James D New Member

About 2 years ago I was interested in picking up a used A980. I knew Whipple didn't re-cert anymore but wanted to know about service and parts. I must have called between 11-14 times over a four week period. The first person I spoke with said I needed to talk to Justin. Each time I called he was out, not at work yet (10am), getting donuts, left for the day 2pm, went to Pismo etc. Left number and never got a return call. After the month long attempt his "person" finally said "he is Whipple by name only, he's not into the business he's got what he needs and that's good enough for him". I thought about driving to the shop (only 30 minutes away) but was told "hell we don't know when he'll showup, probably not worth your gas". If this is the crap employees have to deal with (always covering for him and tired of it) then I can't imagine spending significant $'s with the company regardless of the great product. Times change and so do people (sometimes) good luck. BTW as soon as I see that they start re-certing the older stuff at a reasonable price, I'll re consider thier products.

9. Whipple Charged

Wow, this is about as inaccurate statement that I've seen in my lifetime. Haven't been to pismo in some 20+ years, never buy dounuts, run our marine department, new development, marketing, testing, engineering, emissions and marine computer calibrations. Work 60-70 hours a week, I get in at 9 and take calls from 10-6. If you know of the employee's name, I would like to know it so I can fire him tomorrow morning. I call everyone back so if there was a call, I have no idea about it. I am the VP of the company and I'm Whipple by birth, I've worked there for over 18 years, from washing parts to crack codes on computers.

Were doing our best to recertify the older superchargers, but this decision was only made a few months ago and there's a lot of leg work to do, since those parts haven't been made in 8+ years.

10. James D

James D New Member

My statement is not inaccurate, perhaps what was told to me by your staff was. I don't remember your guys name as it was over 2 years ago but I am 100% sure I called at least that many times asking for you and or leaving messages to please call me back. I really wanted to buy that blower but went with a 1471 hi helix instead after giving up on getting any service from your company. Now I might have been wrong about Pismo (that was more or less an example) but it was made clear to me by your folks that you were out f'ing around (true or not). Remember just because you don't think its true doesn't mean it didn't happen. I supervise over 1500 employees and each one of them represents me each time they talk to someone. Sometimes the message doesn't go out right. Anyhow, did you have then or do you now have a system in place to garner customer/potential customer feedback?

I remain a potential customer.

11. Whipple Charged

This is why I would like to know who you talked to, because I don't want anybody on my team that has that attitude. Currently, I'm taking all sales calls as well as technical questions. Once were up and running, I have 1 guy here that will be my helper, and we'll have multiple reps/dealers that will help as well.

Thanks,
    Dustin