Which is best Lenco bruno or lenco drive

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by hmarizetts, Feb 4, 2011.

1. hmarizetts

hmarizetts New Member

been watching the automatics with BIG WEIGHT break, take over many classes. Which to use with high horse blown engine and who's converter, i'm considering looking into this bruno with a chance bolt together converter.

2. overkill69

overkill69 Member

trans

They are both fast. The bruno is probably a little tougher but heavier and bigger.
    Coan and Chance have most of the records. Chance stuff seems to run a little looser and Coan will lock up as tight as a clutch.
    I know Marty Chance and have seen his shop...He has serious machining and engineering capabilities.
    I have a BRT and converter for sale because they won't fit in my new chassis without mods.I've been looking at lencodrives but if you do a search you'll see they have had some issues.
    After installing a bigger oil pan and installing a line loc on the front brakes our BRT was flawless for about 50 passes and never got over 220 degrees.4 teens @2900 lbs blown promod.

Mike

3. murray

murray Member

Did you still use the trans brake with the linelock ?

4. sean70ss

sean70ss Member

lencodrive

The lenco drive is better IMHO. The mega shaft is bulletproof. All the fast guys run the lenco drive. Snyder, taylor, tutterrow, stott, hanna, many more. You never see the bruno run in outlaw promod or tafc.

Sean

5. overkill69

overkill69 Member

The line loc just keeps the car from rolling on the sprags. It's in bruno's instructions but I thought it was a lame bandaid so I fought it rolling for a few races. When the brake is set on a BRT or lencodrive the car can still roll forward.

If the lencodrive was perfect the BRT would be gone in outlaw racing.Ulsch, Millen, Reisterer,Decerbo and last I knew Tutterow ran Brunos. These guys don't carry 30 extra lbs without a good reason.
    Frankie runs a C6 input shaft in his lencodrive and changes them a few times per season.
    i'm sure he runs the smaller shaft because of fluid flow.

6. underby6

underby6 Active Member

Lencodrive and Coan, 0 problems.

Brandon Booher
    NHRA TAD #34

7. lucky devil

lucky devil Member

We have a Bruno / Lenco and Chance Converter. We ran 1.01 60s with a 510 hi-helix chevy , 6.69 et with more in it........
    2011 sees us with a BAE6 , still using the same trans and make of converter.

Wayne