which combo or parts do i choose

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by ITS IN MY BLOOD, Dec 14, 2004.

1. ITS IN MY BLOOD

i have a funny car now, need to put together a engine combination. just looking to get some seat time and exp. and then eventually compete.
    what would be a reasonable block and cyl. head combo and cubic inch range on a low budget range ????? any thoughts and input would be appreciated. i know this is a high dollar sport and im not prepared to throw out $30,000 on a long block from bae(YET) untill ive got some seat time, just would like to get a to b with out
    ruinning a great engine from my lack of seat time exp. thanks vic

2. Harry Rydbom

Harry Rydbom Member

Vic; Call Pat Austin he is in Tocoma.See what he has used. I know he`ll help you get started. They are great people.Call I.R.C.#253-846-1366 to get his phone number!!!! ;) ;) ;)

3. Mike Pavia

Mike Pavia Member

Vic, i have a real nice manifold to pan with our 2.600 valve heads for sale. It is fresh and ready to use.518 864 5575 mike

4. nick bell

nick bell TAFC

Heres a thought. Make a decision where you want to be, brad stuff newberry stuff whatever it might be find out what block would work best riased cam standard cam, bushed lifters big lifters etc. make that decision and buy the right parts to start with even if your not trying to rotate the earth it will save you money in the long run

5. ITS IN MY BLOOD

how does the difference between a raised cam or a standard cam location make the difference on a engine combo???..or lifter bore size ???..thanks

6. bruce mullins

bruce mullins Top Dragster

there is an old saying vic, nothing works with nothing. brad stuf takes a different block than the newberry stuff. since it is winter time , my advice is research . if you can afford it ,buy a complete unit. you will be time and aggrivation ahead.