Where can I get a "rub Plate" between flywheel and motor plate?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by LEN COTTRELL, May 28, 2012.

1. LEN COTTRELL

LEN COTTRELL Member

Does any market/or make rub plates. I am looking for something that prevents flywheel from flexing on the end of the crank and causing problems with the rear main bering in a BAE billet block.
    Len Cottrell
    cell 703-967-8788

2. Paul Noakes

Paul Noakes Member

rub plate

Hello Len, I too am looking for such a thing and I was directed to McAmis race cars. On line they have a pic of one they call a motor saver plate but it goes behing the bell housing which would then create a few more issues. I am going to build one that bolts to the motor plate but stays inside the can. Let me know if you find something.
    Thank
    Paul
    paulnoakesracing@isp.ca

3. JustinatAce

JustinatAce Member

Talk to Mike Pavia. He's the clutch guy on Mickey Ferro's car and I think he makes/sells them. Just watch your clearances. Having it too close can create troubles too.

4. Mike Pavia

Mike Pavia Member

I do have them. I have a few different thickness. Call any time. 315 725 0668

5. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

Happy customer here.

RG

6. Mark Leigh

Mark Leigh Member

So if you don't have a flywheel with carbide buttons and you buy one of these rings to attatch to your motor plate, how much clearance is too little, and what does the ring rub against on the flywheel ????

7. Mike Pavia

Mike Pavia Member

No need for carbide buttons. The flywheel hits the rub plate and is just fine. Most flywheels have about .200 clearance. I have rings in .060,.125, and .187 thickness

8. saabfuny

saabfuny Member

i need one

9. Tony Garanzuay

Tony Garanzuay Jr. Dragster

Better Solution to Preventing Damage to BAE Billet Block Rear Main

Steve Burck encountered the same problems a few yeas ago and tried everything to stop wiping out rear main saddles. Real problem was the use of a Crower Ti flywheel that is lightened in back by machineing out pockets. Jay Payne put us on to buying a solid backed Crower Ti flywheel that would not flex and did not flex. Installed new Crower Ti flywheel and eliminated problem of wiping out rear main bearing and block.