wheelie bar

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by spencer motorsports, Jan 27, 2007.

1. spencer motorsports

spencer motorsports New Member

I have a 125 inch funny car chassis and i am putting an S&W 100 inch single bar kit on it. Should the length be left as is or should it be shorter? how far should the wheel be off the ground with the car at ride hieght? thanks mark

2. hemi altered 378

hemi altered 378 Blown Altered

mark,
    it has been my experience that the longer the wheelie bar is, the better it works. the one on our car is 100". the car will work alot better, and be less likely to unload the tires. make sure you put all the braces in like the kit says. you want it to be able to flex a little, to get rid of the shock and not unload the tires. as far as height, it depends on the car. how much it squats when you cut it loose, and how high you want the front end to come up....etc. i set ours so i have a little gap between the top of my shoe and the wheel. hope this helps.

3. weld_everything

points to consider with bar length

Our car and the Newb car has had a -20" bar. After finally wearing out a 100" and building the 80" we see no change in the performance of the car. Just alot less to trip over and depending on the trailer such as ours, the bar does not have to be seperated to go in every night. When you cut them down, the factory bend is wrong and where you choose to put the parting line will dictate how difficult it is to get apart/put together due to less flex in the bars to allow the angles to change so it will slip. Weney's deal is cushier than most of them out there. Good luck.