Wheelie Bar Kits

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by BBFA_Pilot, Feb 2, 2008.

1. BBFA_Pilot

BBFA_Pilot Member

Hi everyone.
    We need to get a wheelie bar kit over because of lack of time for the car to be possibly outsourced sadly, so I'm looking to get a wheelie bar kit from a company and getting it sent over / fabricated at our workshop.
    I've found a few places, the first found I found to be reasonable is the Applied Racing Technology Pro Wheelie Bar Kit:

http://www.appliedracing.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=49&products_id=33

The one issue I want to arise is what is everyone's consensus about whether or not people will think this wheelie bar will be able to withstand the stresses, obviously my car won't be riding the wheelie bar all the way down the track, but I don't fancy it prematurely failing.

It says it's made of chrom-moly etc. but wanted to get peoples opinions.
    The other place I found was chassis engineering and their wheelie bar kit:

http://chassisengineering.com/enlargephoto3.asp?ProductId=1233

They are only two obviously, but getting peoples opinions on them will be good, and also if anyone has any other recommendations I will definitely be glad to hear it.

Many thanks :)
    Joe

2. WJ Birmingham

WJ Birmingham New Member

Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  3. Fuel Cars

Fuel Cars AA/AM

If it's for a solid mounted rear-end car, I would go with a long single-wheel setup.

4. GFORCE

GFORCE New Member

W/Bar

You will want a bar at Least 100"s!Go with a Tri-Pod Bar.Get ahold of S&W Race Cars.
    www.swracecars.com
    Item No.
    40-311 100"Bar-Funny Car-Single Wheel 595.00
    This is the Bar Kit that i would use,if i was going to Buy a Kit?I will build My New Bar from Scratch.
    Hope this HELPS?
    Later
    G :cool:

5. hemi altered 378

hemi altered 378 Blown Altered

i agree with G FORCE i have this on our car.....couldn't ask for a better setup.
    Darren Russell

6. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

i have a single wheel one already made up chrome moly it is over a 100"s long it is adaptable for about any application it was on my funny car and i went to a shorter one

7. thjts

thjts New Member

How much shorter, Jim? Why did you go shorter when 100" seems to be the norm? Is it for sale?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  8. Alkyguy

Alkyguy New Member

The single wheel kit from ART is 1 1/8 x .083, just bolting on the back of your car will make it wheelstand