Wheel Stud Diameter?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by bad andy, May 17, 2007.

1. bad andy

bad andy New Member

I am spinning my wheels here. Is 5/8 the norm for rear wheel studs? I picked up a 9" floater from a friend of mine recently. It has Strange Engineering all over it. Here's the dilema,it has 11/16 wheel studs. Shanks and threads both are 11/16. My old rearend studs were 11/16 shank and then to a 5/8 thread. Strange said they have never done 11/16 before?
    Now, try and find an 11/16 nut of any kind!! ARP has nothing to offer. Any help would be great. Thanks!

2. M Tigges

M Tigges TAFC

Call Chrisman, 714 774 7351 we ran into some of these issues with older M/W floater hubs, we drilled them deeper and taped the floaters 11/16 and got studs and nuts from Chrisman.

3. bad andy

bad andy New Member

Thankyou for the info! I'll be calling him today.

4. bruce mullins

bruce mullins Top Dragster

lenco has that stuff too. i ran into the same problem with my first s&w f/c, i bought 2 sets of strange lugs before i found out. i got the lug nuts from lenco.

5. bad andy

bad andy New Member

Mark and Bruce. I thank both of you for the information! I have a set coming from Lenco. I called chrisman first and they weren't open yet.