What you guys do?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Medicone, Aug 27, 2007.

1. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

DON SORRY IF I HURT YOUR EARS i didnt mean to and i know what it is supposed to mean i didnt think about a bunch of fellow drag racers knowing it ment that but for me it is easier to read while im typing i will try not to do it any more

2. Alkydrag

Alkydrag Sr. Dragster

Ora once told me, the difference between drugs, cancer and drag racing is that drugs and cancer can be cured, drag racing, no chance in hell.

3. Eric David Bru

LOL... :D

EDB

4. Alkydrag

Alkydrag Sr. Dragster

The cost of racing............priceless.

:rolleyes:
    And the post of the day award goes to Randy.
    My friends ask me why I don't have my own car. My reply to them is if I can't race the way I want to, then I won't do it.

5. Eric David Bru

Truer words never spoken (or typed)... That wouldn't even cover the cost of my tools.

EDB

6. Don Hudson

Don Hudson Supa fly

The real cost of fun

:eek::eek:
    AMEN!
    RG, Most guys would love to have your "beater" chassis.

Everytime I wanna "shake" this sport, It pulls me in even deeper

7. Joker Racing

Joker Racing Super Comp

I can totally agree with that. I have been trying to get into a car and out of the sport all together for 8 years. :D

8. Lawren Jones

Lawren Jones Comp Eliminator

Last year we went to two races. Oklahoma and Pomona.

Spent $4300.00 to go to Oklahoma and got rained out. We qualified but could not return the next week because of business commitments. Div 4 has some rule that if you can't return you don't get your qualifying money. Ok... that sucked. So I guess you can add $700 to the cost of the trip.

Then we got the BUG again and went to Pomona. Spent $6400 to go. Qualified and had a great time. Got our asses handed to us in the first round and went home happy.Was surprised when I got the check from NHRA. They took out taxes for running our car in California. Thats a new one. After taxes our cost to run Pomona was about $4850.

The cost to go does not include, truck, trailer or insurance payment.

Most of my crew stay at the track and we generally only have one motel room. Super 8 or ?. We don't go out to expensive dinners and cook most of our meals at the track.

We have not raced NHRA stuff this year and REALLY, REALLY miss it. But one thing I learned from Bob Miner is, when you go, make sure you go prepaired. If you are going to go play with these guys you better be ready to spend some money.

Hopefully we will be back.......

Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  9. clint thompson

the oldest one in the book

i can't believe you guys are holding out on Medicone. Sure there is a lot to learn and it costs a lot to get all the stuff but if you do it right everyone that does this knows that you can acutally make a small fortune racing alcohol cars. All you have to do is
    START WITH A BIG ONE!!!!!!
    yes don, I was shouting. now i am LMAO :D

10. eli

eli Banned

Ya drag racers should be magician's cuz we know how to make money disapear. ;)

11. Medicone

Medicone New Member

Hey so what kind of engines are youallowed to run like what ar they spec for everything and what kind of blower? do you guys use top fuel chassis?

12. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

Pick Up A Rule Book And You Can Find Some Guide Lines Motor Size Depends On What You Want To Achieve And How Much Money You Want To Spend The Biggest Aint Always The Best Way To Go