What the best oil

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Dragster496, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Dragster496

Dragster496 New Member

What is the best oil to run with Alky? I was told that KENDALL - GREEN OIL was good , but I can't find it. :(

2. Spud_Miller

Spud_Miller New Member

The old original Kendall green stuff is now sold as Penn Grade 1. It's great stuff, but kind of a pain to get. If you wanna try it, contact this guy:

Norm Fisher - Sales Manager, Hill Petroleum 303-424-6262

I've used the new Kendall just fine too, but the green stuff seems to handle alky and nitro better. The new stuff whips up into a latte. The green stuff doesn't.

Good luck!
    Spud
    www.fuelinjectionenterprises.com

3. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

Valvoline

Valvoline is the oil of choice of many top running alcohol teams. The Non-Street Legal 50 wt and Nitro 70 wt have all the zinc phosphates the EPA made most over the counter oils take out.

Red Line and Royal Purple are used by a number of teams as well, in addition to the Brad Penn oil mentioned above.

4. 310TAD

310TAD Top Alcohol

alky oil

None of us should forget that Lucas Oil also has a great Alky Oil.
    Seems to work OK for some guy called Manzo.

5. Henry Charest

Henry Charest New Member

You might also try Torco MPZ 70, it's some great oil, and we've had terrific results with it. They also have the ancillary products, assembly oils and others.
    Henry

6. IGO1320

IGO1320 T/D 2268

Pen Grade 1

I was told the Pen Grade 1 nitro 70 has the zinc still in it also, this is correct?
    anyone know? Thanks

7. funnycarguy 230

Yes It Still Has The Good Stuff In It. I'm A Dealer For The Penn Grade If Anyone Wants It Thanks Jamie

8. Thurston

Thurston New

Brad Penn Oil

That is correct the Brad Penn racing oil has all the zinc phosphates additives all ready in the oil, no stabilizer required. You can check out their product line at http://www.bradpennracing.com/default.asp

9. NervesofSteel

Brad Penn Grade 1 Nitro 70 wt. Awesome, the old Kendall green only twice better!!!!!
    Mike Etter

10. IGO1320

IGO1320 T/D 2268

Pen Grade 1

Yeah I have been using th nitro 70 all year and the system one looks great but just making sure....thanks. I will pull the motor down after the Snowbirds this weekend and check it out that will tell the tale.

11. youngtuner

youngtuner Member

Brad Penn

Brad Penn oil contains Zinc and the other needed additives for our types of motors. We run it in our Dragster and Tigges Racing runs it in there Funny Car.
    Stuff is absolutely awesome. My father and i sell the stuff if are looking to get some. You will be completely happy with the stuff. Private message me anyone looking and i will give you contact info.

Thanks
    Jonathan Pickett
    Team Pickett Racing

12. Dragster496

Dragster496 New Member

Thanks everyone found it --you guys are a big help ..thanks again:)

13. Dragster496

Dragster496 New Member

Test

JUST TESTING they have me listed as a JR. DRAGSTER, and I am trying to fix it.

14. funnycarguy 230

Let Me Know How You Fix It, I Have Over 230 Post And Still Listed As New Lol See Ya Jamie

15. Flyboy68

Flyboy68 Member

Gotta quick question...i run a sbf blown alky, we ran the Brad Penn 1 20w-50 mixed w/ a little Brad Penn 1 50w, and we hurt the #2 and #4 main bearings...changed them at the end of the season, made two passes, and they were bad again. Our machinist is checking line bore, etc right now. Anyone think that changing to the nitro 70w would be worth a shot? it's a wet sump....like 8 quart pan....thanks

Josh

16. funnycarguy 230

It dosen't sound like a oil problem to me, I bet you'll find something a little deeper . Clearances align bore or crankshaft etc.

17. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

2/4

The 2 & 4 main bearings are typically the load bearing mains. Detonation will sometimes show in these mains.

Line bore could be culprit.

I don't know the oiling of a ford, but I have a hard time seeing an oiling problem pick on only 2 mains? If it's an oiling problem, one would think the adjoining rods next to these mains would look ugly.

Depending on what area you run in, Nitro 70 might be too thick, and in some instances cause more problems. If it's warm, it's fine to run. If it's cool, you had better have some way of heating it before you run.

Hope that helps- Will