What is the advantage to7-4 and 5-3 cam swap

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by nmro2114, Oct 15, 2012.

1. nmro2114

nmro2114 Member

Very interesting input everyone. I run Bac-Man heads with a 12 inch set backwith a 14/71 hihelix. All of my port nozzles are the same. I guess I will look elseware for more power.

2. Comax Racing

Comax Racing Member

With that kind of set back, I think you are way ahead of the game.

3. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

A couple of things here. The out going air charge of all Roots blowers exit the bottom of the blower at a very forward angle. This is the nature of the beast. The more twist in the rotors then the steeper the angle and with a high helix utilizing the forward pie opening it is a real high angle. Probable around 25 to 30 degrees. Like I said all the air is rushing forward at this steep angle and the has to turn 180 degrees and come back so you have a big distribution problem. Some motors I have seen have manifolds that block part of that pie opening and people just don't realize it so the have real bad distribution. Make sure your manifold matches the blower opening. The other thing is to becareful on balancing cylinders by using just Gets because that can really lead you astray and port jet sizing. I highly recommend that you only balance cylinders using sparjplug readings.