What is Div. 7 doing ???

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Sportsman, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Sportsman

Sportsman TA/FC

What are they doing now??
    http://www.nhradiv7.com/

Last edited: Jan 17, 2006
  2. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

Just another reason to run Division 2.

One of the events where you'll see only 2 qualifying runs will probably be Las Vegas (so I've heard). Makes sense...at Vegas there were 21 TA/FC's in 2005, 5.68 was number one, 5.7something was number 8, Bucky and Tate didn't make the field. If they take a qualifying run away, maybe a bunch of guys will stay home and only 14-16 division 7 cars will run it. Then number one will be a 5.68 and number 8 will be a 5.7something. LOL.

Yea, Division 7 cars suck.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2006
  3. clint thompson

yeah division 6 cars suck too! (lol)

i for one do not think the way to limit the entries is by eliminating qualifying runs. if they want to limit the car count, why not just limit it to the first xx pre entries received or just run an extra day or longer hours. they don't limit the number of super comp,gas,stock etc cars runs because of car counts do they? I am also not in favor of the new schedule in d6 with only five races for alcohol cars. kinda forces you to run out of division (which means i may have to consider the two Q run vegas deal even though i usually don't go to the divsion race there. there was nothing wrong with alternating which track had two races each year so we could have the 6 chances.

well i guess that's enough whining, who started this thread anyway?? just kidding!

4. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

2 qual's

20 something cars shooting for 8 with two runs sucks anyway you slice it (unless you qualify), but let me play the role of the devil's advocate.

2 qualifiers does knock a run off the bill of running one of these events.

on the same note, the money is so bad though, whats one more run???

5. ALKY4sure

ALKY4sure New Member

It is just ridiculous to try and logically:confused: understand why NHRA decides anything, a couple years ago, they take away some great National event races from us Alky guys :mad: with the justification of low car counts..that was BS back then :rolleyes: ..but ok we took it....so now when you have the exact circumstances which NHRA desires ..ie. a large racer turnout trying to qualify for a divisional race ...NHRA wakes up from its' deep sleep and decides the "logical" thing to do is to reduce the number of qualifying attempts:confused: ...so help me understand the logic here..we get penalized when either too many or too few cars show up to race...I thought NHRA was just a device to provide us a safe place to race...they seemed to have gotten way to big for their pantys.....why not just leave it alone...who represented the Alky contigent in this brainstorm??...I doubt they even considered the repercussions of this decision on the Alky guys...

6. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

One National Event that went away that was a favorite of mine was Phoenix. Always had good car counts and actually almost won it in 1999, but being pitted in the dirt wasn't too user friendly.

At this rate...

For sale: Complete TA/FC operation. Includes numbers matching Bloomington Gold certified all original paint and interior 2003 rare optioned "twin screw" NRC Columbia 500 HP Detroit 12 speed Freedom Toterhome. Save big money before it hits the Barrett Jackson (not Rick Jackson) Auction in Scottsdale. Inquire within.

RG

7. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

Classic.........

KB