Weather Station suggestions

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by willy200, May 27, 2010.

1. thjts

thjts New Member

Mine's a 4000, but I don't think they make them anymore.

Yes, please send the pulley back, I've sold the 10-71 and everything to go with it.

As for the car, I'm getting the body ready for painting, and STILL waiting for the piston I ordered and paid for in February...

2. OwnBlock

OwnBlock Member

greg i have a kestral 4250 if you want to check it out and maybe sell it to you its new grant

3. thjts

thjts New Member

Dave, his point is that the airport's equipment is professionally calibrated and very accurate. Calibrating your weather station against their's means when you go to a track yours will be accurate. I do it as well, at the beginning and halfway through the season.

4. Charles Stewart

If you have a GPS and have access to the local atmospheric pressure, you can easily find your present altitude and set your Kestrel 4250 very accurately, anywhere, anytime.
    ;)
    Charles Stewart

5. blown375

blown375 New Member

Do you have to reset this at each track?

6. thjts

thjts New Member

No. Once you've calibrated it you should be right all season. I check mine every six months because I'm pedantic :eek:

7. Charles Stewart

In our case, we have to make a lot of long distance trip (nearest is 5 hours) to have access to good racetrack, so I reset everytime, (when data are available).
    Charles Stewart

8. blown375

blown375 New Member

Is that really a good idea ?

It seems to me If you set it once and then leave it alone , then all your data from every race is in reference.

If you change it every time, then your data has no standard to make comparisons against ?

9. Charles Stewart

Hi, Blown 375,
    Very good point and,
    I may be wrong, but I classified all my data on a Excel data sheet with racetrack name/place as the first point of reference/standard. I do that only to obtain comparable data in regard with % of oxygen available in the air at that specific place.
    Any other opinion or any other members opinion on that subject?
    Very interesting,
    Charles Stewart