Unlimited Roots Blower Advice

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Money Shot, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Can't believe I found the boost data for the SSI Series B. On a fresh blower just back from SSI with the end stripes at 33% OD I was seeing 35.1 lbs of boost at 8000 rpm, 37.3 lbs at 9000 with a max air discharge temp at the finish line of 121* F. At 30% OD I was getting 33.5 lbs at 8000 rpm. One thing I did notice on the blower was up around 40% the power gained rolled right off because of the HP required to turn it and the discharge air temp. There was not much point in going higher on OD. This was all on a 526 motor. With your bigger motor you might read a little lower boost but that also depends on the cam, valve size and flow data. Either way your blower needs work.

2. Money Shot

Money Shot Member

Thats funny about the 40 over bit.....I tried 40 over once and it leaned it out so bad I broke a wrist pin. Just could not get enough fuel to it. I talked with Rich today and will be sending it in to them next week. Thanks for all your help Mike. I appreciate it.

Randy

3. SoDak

SoDak Active Member

you have a PM

4. Money Shot

Money Shot Member

Update.....Blown Intake gasket

Blower was fine. Pulled the intake off today and the intake gasket for cyl.# 1 and #3 were leaking at the bottom. Explains the lack of boost and heavier than normal blowby. Its always the simple things that kick my ass.