UNCLE BOB....Chassis Question ( MEYER RACE CARS SINCE GOD KNOWS WHEN )

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by WADE RACING, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Dave Germain

Dave Germain New Member

fuel funny car chassis issues

Two weeks ago I spoke with a nationally known fuel car chassis builder who was lamenting the fact that NHRA has been changing the dragster chassis requirements like some folks change their underwear. He also stated that Force has been breaking chassis right infront of the main roll bar all season. He also complained with all the fuel funny car chassis problems that he was amazed NHRA hadn't made some changes to those requirements. So despite the foam block thing there has been fuel funny car chassis problems for a while. Maybe that is why JFR is working on the "new" chassis ideas?

2. eli

eli Banned

So your saying JFR bought back his pluger car? ;)

Or maybe JFR ate to many rabbits.

3. was R4K

was R4K Member

I understand that the engineers at Ford and at Murph's have come to a consensus on what the problem/fix is and his chassis' are in the process of being changed- in the meantime a new Plueger chassis has been purchased from Patton.....the chassis change should hit the internet shortly.

4. bruce mullins

bruce mullins Top Dragster

with funny car bodies getting mounted so the roof is sitting directly on the top of the cage, how much of the downforce pressure is getting directed to the upper frame rail at the point where the cage mounts?

5. Bob Kraemer

Bob Kraemer New Member

All these chassis changes are fine, but that ain't the whole problem.... fix the fricken tire chunkin problem so the tires don't go out of balance and shake/oscillate/vibrate the f...ing car apart. And before you ask why is it only happening to JFR's cars, I don't know.
    FIX THE TIRE PROBLEM!!!!!

6. eli

eli Banned

The strogest funny car chassis I ever saw was the war eagal of Dale Puldie, I think it was his 1974 Pontiac, anyway it had doubbel wall tubing every place that two pipes were welded toghter, they were on the outside of the origanal pipe not like the one thats shouved inside of the top rail under the front hoop of todays cars, basicly it was the same thing but in reverse and every weld had an extra pice of pipe may be 8 inch long. I don't rember if the car worked, but it sure looked strong. ;)