Two stepping with a 14-71

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by pentastarrail, Jan 3, 2008.

1. pentastarrail

pentastarrail Top Dragster

2 stepping

Thanks for the info.
    I'm in the process of gathering all the parts I need to make the air throttle control work. I still need a couple small things which I should have in a couple days.
    I tried it one last time with no air throttle control (two step only) this past weekend and basically had the same results, a big burn out. Also burned up the powerglide and converter but that's another story.
    Thanks again for all the advice and help.
    Hopefully I'll be reporting back in a couple weeks how the car was flawless :) .
    Frank

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  2. jody stroud

jody stroud ZOMBIE Top Dragster

Frank, I broke about 4 powerglides before we figured it out. Wish I could have saved you some of the destruction. Jody Stroud

3. td314b

td314b New Member

2 step

Frank,

You may still have a problem even with the throttle controller etc. I know on our car we would blow the tires off it sitting still and just leaving from idle as easily as with the 2 step blades wide open...thus the 6 shooter to calm the motor down on the leave and then pour the coals to it once it go moving. Not sure what weight, low gear, rear gear, HP , and converter you are using but you can blow the tires away even with an air controller if you got too much HP at the launch. Just FYI.

Troy