Tuning question?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by jody stroud, Apr 23, 2009.

1. TAFC 5 81

TAFC 5 81 Member

Is there a big difference in chamber CCs? I also agree with starting the cam at even. RE the flames; I have had flames out of the pipe because of the timing being off too (set on the wrong mark on the bottom pulley). Ran like a dog but almost looked like a TF car at night.

2. jody stroud

jody stroud ZOMBIE Top Dragster

I fianally talked to Gorr the other day, motor only had 62psi cranking compression (I hope due to the cam being so retarded ) I'm going to set it straight up and run this weekend at a Div. race. Will post the results. Thanks for all the replys. I have checked the timing more than once and re-checked the TDC mark, all appears good.

3. Blownalky

Blownalky Top Sportsman

Jody,

What happened with moving the cam?

Tom

4. jody stroud

Went from 62 lbs to appox 90 lbs of cranking compression, helped... but did not fix. Took motor down, found that the new heads had broke through into the water jackets and the valves may have been touching each other. Will keep you posted.

5. Dale Finch

Dale Finch Member

Ok Jody, I don't understand even 90 lbs cranking compression. This doesn't make sense. As stock 350 with 8:1 compression makes close to 150 lbs. Either the gauge is wrong or the cam is still back. Or it has low static compression. Did you cc the motor? I would agree with a previous poster, I would want to make sure the timing marks are correct. If not, it would effect your cam degree results and timing. Look forward to hearing what fixes this. Too bad about the heads and valves.

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  6. jody stroud

My head guy is going to repair and make the heads stronger, also cut down the exhaust valve a little for more room between the two. Guage is right, at the same time my motor checked 90 lbs a friends motor checked over 140 lbs. I'll know more in a few days.

7. SoDak

SoDak Active Member

Could also do a leakdown test? it's simple, quick, easy and cheap:D

8. jody stroud

My engine guru is going to check it from head to toe, thanks for the tips.