tuning help

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by S10DRAGTRUCK, Nov 20, 2009.

1. S10DRAGTRUCK

S10DRAGTRUCK New Member

i going to look for cam spec this weekend and post on monday, if i can find it.

2. topalky511

topalky511 Member

i would be checking the ignition, a weak ignition will cause this as soon as the engine is under load it wont make any power, i would guess an engine like this with the limited info supplied would have to be making near 2000hp when tuned right, it would take something way way wrong to hold back a monster like this in a light car, with a change from 4.86 to 5.14 and only a 100rpm increase id say there is a power issue weather it be fuel system or ignition etc coan and ati are both great converter companies, not that its impossible but for both companies to get it that wrong you would have to be very unlucky

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  3. Bottlefed

Bottlefed New to Blowers

Outlaw 68,

Did not mean to be disagreeing with you, since I do agree it sounds just like a slipping sprag on a stator even though the RPM should be coming up some down track but since he has been through 2 converters it just seems unlikely, but I could certainly be wrong, it would be far from the first time :rolleyes:

Richard G

4. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

topalky511 you have a great point, that would be a place to look send off mag and have it check.
    outlaw68... you took the words out of my mouth...BIG PUMP:(..dAVE

5. Outlaw68

Outlaw68 Member

the problem with the internet is, sometimes we cant put our thoughts and feelings in here...lol.. Bottlefed, its all good we are all here to help, and there is a ton of knowledge here in this forum.

I think based on what he is saying he might have a few problems.

ignition
    fuel
    convertor.

That PUMP needs more fuel out of it than he is taking for sure. At least I think so. But then again, Im not looking at the plug, just the numbers...lol.

6. S10DRAGTRUCK

S10DRAGTRUCK New Member

anyone know who would be a good fuel guy for my combo? CHEAP! but good! i have thought all year that it is all in my fuel system.

7. Don Onimus

Don Onimus New Member

fuel flow

Around $1500 is the going rate. Pick someone who will build you a scenario then make changes from there. And will let you come and watch as he flows different jets and pressures etc. Call Mike @ Rage. He is on this post. He did mine, and the fuel flow was in a bundle first time out. Number one was 20 degrees hotter. Best money I have spent in a long long time. Don

8. craig moss

craig moss Member