Tubes And Liners

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by KDavidson, Jul 7, 2010.

1. KDavidson

KDavidson Member

Just obtained a set of tubes and liners and would like to know the proper way to dismount and mount them. Right now, they are holding air, BUT the tire bead is not seated against the wheel bead. They are an older set of ConvoPros with single valve stem. Once assembled, how do you air up the tube and the liners?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Keith

2. KDavidson

KDavidson Member

Also guys, the tire bead is not fully seated to the wheel bead. BUT the tire is holding air? How do I get the beads to seat?

Thanks,
    Keith

3. thjts

thjts New Member

The valve stem has two positions; one for the tube and one for the tire. Set the tube to around 40 and then set the tire. To seat the bead properly you will need to pump it up like a normal tire. However, the tire won't take too much pressure (someone jump in here) so if you get to about 30 and it still won't seat, let it down and stick more tire lubricant around it and start again.

This is how I've done it in the past, but if someone's got a better method I'm all ears too :)

Paul.

4. KEITH CLARK

KEITH CLARK Member

liners

what brand of liner/tube are you using, the old Goodyears have a 2 position valve stem.
    it screws in/out for liner or tire. The Hooser liner tube is just a standard type innertube, only inflates the liner, you have drill the wheel for another stem, using a bolt in type stem for tubless tire, that inflates the tire

5. fordblownnut

fordblownnut New Member

I have the same problem,, what pressure would you run at the liner side of tube

6. TAD240

TAD240 New Member

Tires/Liners

If I remember right, turn the stem all the way clockwise for the liner and all the way counterclockwise for the tire. I think we used to run 40 psi in the liner. Instead of oil use windex to lube the tire and get it to seat. When it drys it doesn't leave all the mess that oil does and the tire is less likely to slip on the wheel when you are headed down the track. The windex also shows air bubbles very well if you have a leak around the rim. Good Luck.

7. vega funny

vega funny New Member

tubes

I run GoodYear liners and tubes, with the valve core all the way in it airs up the liners, just about out it airs up tires, I remember in for inners out for tires,I run 40 psi in the lin ners

8. john348

john348 Top Alcohol

Like i told Keith on the phone
    goodyear quit making those tubes how many years ago 10 plus when dillon (sp) quit making the stems
    do you still feel safe going that fast on a >10 year old tube
    do not care about yourself ok but think abou the guy in the other lane

9. backmotor

backmotor Owner/Crewchief/Test Pilot

Hoosier makes the tubes and liners now, they need a separate valve stem to access the tube-less portion. I run them in my M & H slicks, with no problems, 40 lbs in the tube, 7.5 lbs in the outer chamber. They are NOT expensive, please be safe and get new ones. As far as getting them to seat, Murphy's oil soap on the beads, also we partially inflate the tube /liner, then bounce it several times, deflate, and re-inflate, bounce them a few more times, and go to final pressure, you can tell on the warm-up stand, if you got one not seated, or a tube twisted :cool: hope it helps, Mike

10. KDavidson

KDavidson Member

OK guys, so let me get this right. IF I decide to use these ConvoPros, instead of Beadlock wheels. All I need to get is the Hoosier inner tubes and then drill the wheel in a manner to fill the outer tire cavity? IF I just need to purchase one inner tube per tire, then that's great! I thought that there was 2 items inside the tire/wheel combo, a tube AND an inner liner? If so can someone please supply me with the proper part #'s to do this safely? I'd like to run beadlocks, but IF I cannot sell these, then I'll have to use them.
    Thanks,
    Keith

11. backmotor

Yes....but you still need tube AND liner in each tire, use Hoosier tubes in your Goodyear liners, I still prefer these to 'shake-locks' :p the valve stem kit is like $20 does both sides, contact your local Hoosier dealer, they knew exactly what I wanted :cool: When I got mine, I got tubes/liners/valve stems/shipping was $325 been thru 3 sets of tires, and still in great shape

12. nitrorelapse

nitrorelapse Member

Backmotor who is your Hoosier dealer. The clown ' excuse me dealer' here in Dallas didn't have a clue what valve stems we needed. Sold us some light weight junk I wouldn't put on a bicycle.

13. backmotor

My guy is Rob Reynolds 321-557-6150 in Florida, he is the man !! :cool:

P.S. the xtra valve stem is tiny & aluminum, but very durable, mine are 5 yrs old, still fine

14. KDavidson

KDavidson Member

Bump To The Top

BTT.....thanks

15. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

When i ran ta/fc i ran two different settings 50LBS IN THE LINER-4.5 LBS IN THE TIRE or 45-5 it may very depending on hp and the track

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  16. whosyrdady

whosyrdady Super Comp

Liner wheels

Your best solution is a set of Hoosier Tubeless inner liners. No tubes needed stuff your tires together locate and install the second valve stem {buy them from Hoosier} put the tires on the wheel blow the inner tire to 40-50 lbs. Note: I like to leave the core out of the outer valve stem so the inner tire seats easier. I also dont like to put more than 15-20 lbs in the slick. JMO Kevin

17. backmotor

Glad to hear the tube-less ones are now avail, they were still on the drawing board when I bought mine, but they sounded a lot simpler to use :cool:

18. Eric

Eric Member

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  19. 853927e9

853927e9 New Member

innerliners

we run 16 in goodyears 60lb in inner and 6 to 6.5 in outter

20. Al Reed

Al Reed Member

Hoosier tubeless liners

Kevin,
    So these new Hoosier 'tubeless liners', we looked at the Hoosier website, nothing there about them, do you have part numbers?
    Can they be used on a standard 16 X 16 (obviously drilled for two valvestems) wheel??
    Thanks in advance.