Track Owners Expence

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by eli, Jun 14, 2007.

1. jwsamuel

jwsamuel New Member

Will,

For the past two years, Maple Grove has had good crowds on Saturday nights at its points race.

The race is on Memorial Day weekend. So, they promote it heavily with ticket giveaways through the local newspaper and other outlets. They have a $25 per vehicle charge for entry on the non-pit side of the track. If you want to go to the pit side, there is an additional $10/person charge. They also have a fireworks display at the end of racing on Saturday night. It is no lame fireworks show either...it's a long show that is as good as any I've seen.

This year, rain shortened the Saturday show so they invited everyone to come back on Sunday. They got a decent return.

Few, if any, of the people who came in on free tickets or by the carload would have come anyway, so none of those people represented lost money. Instead, they came out and bought food and drink. A good number had probably ever been to the races before and if they liked what they saw, they'll come back.

Cecil County and Lebanon Valley are other tracks that also get very good Saturday crowds. It can be done!

Jim

2. eli

eli Banned

Here is the quote of the day from msnbc, Seams apropo for this thread,
    Solve the problem yourself or accept a fate you may not like...from this perspective, the ethic of personal responsibility gains appeal." :eek:;)
    Noel M. Tichy

3. bud7291

bud7291 New Member

I love that quote... Im gonna steal it and use it a lot Im sure...

CJ Curtsinger

4. eli

eli Banned

5. SNAPPY

SNAPPY TAFC

Good Track Promoters

THERE A A FEW GOOD TRACK OWNERS/PROMOTERS OUT THERE.

BADERS ENOUGH SAID

SCOTT GARDNER, CORDOVA DRAGWAY PARK 50 PLUS YEARS WITH THE "WORLD SERIES OF DRAG RACING" ALLWAYS PACKED AND IT'S ALL BOOKED IN AT BETTER MONEY THAN A DIVISIONAL

UNION GROVE "DA GROVE" BROADWAY BOB AND NOW DREW AND HENNINGS 50 PLUS YEARS LOTS OF PRESS LOTS OF HYPE LOTS OF FANS AND A GREAT SHOW WE HAVE RACED BEFORE LARGE CROWDS AT BOTH PLACES

MILAN MICHIGAN (IHRA TRACK) KNOW HOW TO FILL THE STANDS WE RAN BOOKED SHOWS THERE MANY TIMES TO A FULL HOUSE SOLD LOTS OF T-SHIRTS TOO!!!! AWSOME TRACK TOO!

I HATE TO ADMIT IT, BUT WILL HANNA IS RIGHT (just kidding)
    IF YOU PROMOTE IT AND DELIVER THEY WILL COME! MAYBE NOT THE FIRST YEAR BUT THEY WILL COME. NHRA HAS A GOOD SHOW WITH A LOT OF GREAT COMPETETITION. PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW IT'S OUT THERE. YOU GOTTA TELL THEM AND IF TRACK OWNER NEED SOME HELP CALL THE GUYS AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE (see list above)!

6. O.J.D.

O.J.D. New Member

I was just at the Denver event and our whole crew mentioned how awesome it was to have a big crowd. I made a joke about the number of people in the stands was about the same as 10 years combined at many other divisional events we run at. It was a joke, but the sad truth none the less.

I agree with Will.

Add a few bucks to admission, then give away free t-shirts. Then you have ads walking around and promoting... if you give them a good show. I've put people in the stands just because they ask me about my shirt and they had no idea a race was the next weekend. But they showed up...

Our team gives away free shirts all the time. We had a fan at Denver who comes back every year, and she even brought a friend.

btw... they both had burgers too...

Maybe t-shirts are not the best idea, but who cares. Promoting is not my job. I get my hands dirty helping to get a car ready for the show. It's a lot more rewarding when someone is there to watch.

Every event I do my job whatever it takes, I just wish more tracks would do there's.

Thanks Bandimere Speedway, I enjoyed last weekend. Just look at Bandimere's website. Loaded with ads. I've been a webmaster for 11 years and know that translates into some good cash. In June, 20 out of 30 days they have some form of cars going down the track.

what do ya know, they even have a page devoted to ads and promotion...
    http://bandimere.com/marketing/marketing.php

its nice to see a business operated like one.

7. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

I agree with Will Hanna...you choose to own the track and I choose to own the race car.........Iam in the roller skating biz if my crowds are down I re-group, it's not my skaters fault that my light bill runs over $10,000 the answer is NOT to charge more money to my customers it's time to get off my butt and do some pr and promotions...back to your question with out race cars it would go back to the corn and and milo. the cars should bring in the crowd and the crowd makes the money for you... and far as trash I think it would be very rude to leave our trash, we pick up after ourself. Dave SWR