timing on 29 °

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by danny, Aug 3, 2007.

1. DQUES

DQUES Member

Here is some figures I got from my racepak as far as when a poppet opens during a run in my system . This is a lencodrive leaving at 4k rpms . My loop is set at 40 lbs. and opens .059 into the run , I don't use a typical high speed on the back of my K valve that most would set around 60 lbs but if I did it would open at .144 (6300 rpms) and if it was set at 80 lbs. it would open at .193 (6600 rpms) into the run . Of course the opening times would vary depending on such things as pump size , orrifice area and so on , but it all opens pretty quick .

2. bad andy

bad andy New Member

Thanks for the info. I really need to invest in a race pak this winter!!

3. danny

danny compet elimin

Hi we are finished for this year, racing seasons is over :mad: and on the last race we couldn't make it in to the 5's,our best is a 6.01 ( runs between 6.06 and 6.01 ) but we picked up 20 km/h in speed:( 242 mls / h before 229 mls).
    We have not used the lean outs because we are still working on the exh temps and clutch.
    What times are possible with the set up we have or is it better to go for the fat heads, we need to go faster they all go in the 5.7 - 5.8 and nobody is running with the fuel heads anymore? thanks danny