This is the story behind the story,

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Funnycarbob, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Funnycarbob

Funnycarbob Top Dragster

This is the story behind the story,

I have been dealing with a government group. I don't like to say, but if you look on the front of the car you can see who it was. We had spent 2 years and about $8,000 bucks Schmozing They were looking a diverse ethnic team (We fit that bill) Well somebody sold them on nascar's great TV package. I don't get it though; nascar is not the targeted demographics. (18 to 28 Multi.Ethnic backgrounds). They told me it was a done deal. Now I am 4 months behind. They spent $18,000,000 in nascar last year with Todd Bodine to finish 31st in points and will spend $19,000,000 with Jack Roush on Biffles # 16 car this year just for a half a year. He was 17th in points. My $200,000 was pitons. They loved the team, but they ran out of money after Roush hit them up for another 2 million till May. I may be selling or parking the funnycar and going Jet Car racing? If they come through I will switch gears back to TA\FC or what ever they want to dragrace. I have a nice truck, trailer, crew and great family support. If I learned anything, never burn a bridge and keep smiling. It would be great to just drive for a while also. So that is the other part of my plan would be to drive and supply a truck, trailer and crew. I am a good marketeer and a hell of a driver. I have driven most types of dragcars and has a stunt in nascar.

Thanks
    Bob Lupini
    (H) 301-831-8292
    (W) 301-618-1199
    (W) rlupini@wmata.com
    (H) bob1028@aol.com