Things change?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Pat McGill, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Ed Arcuri

Ed Arcuri Member

My thoughts: the divisionals took a hit, years ago, when they pulled the Pro's out. They haven't given the "show" at the divisionals - the TAD and TAFC entries - the promotion needed since. Lucas has done a lot for the series, but hasn't gotten the support from NHRA which should have been provided, in my opinion.
    Many of the divisionals are a sketchy financial proposition for the tracks owing to that lack of attention and promotion.
    The Pro/Mods are popular now, but their popularity is based on an image that is already changing. One aspect of that image is the purported variety. However, in a recent splashy multi page article on them in National Dragster, the entries pictured were 1968 Camaro's with a few others thrown in.
    Will the crowds still find them so attractive when the field is limned to 2 or 3 body styles? I doubt it.
    For my money TAFC is the best racing in the NHRA. Keep the faith.
    Cheers,
    Ed
    www.rockymountainsuperchargers.com

2. jeffj

jeffj Member

Last I am aware the tracks pay NHRA for the event and make the payout from the gate. The Lucas $ go to NHRA, not to the track and not to the racers. The Lucas's are some of the greatest people that you will ever meet as are many of the track operators.
    A balance must be struck which will allow the tracks and the racers to survive. Enough said regarding the gorilla in the room?
    Jeff Johnsen

3. Ed Arcuri

Ed Arcuri Member

My number one priority for the NHRA is a "presenting sponsor" for the divisionals - someone to provide the resources to promote the series even at the smaller venues. If we don't bring the fans back, we might as well be playing video games.
    That's how it looks from my foxhole.
    Cheers,
    Ed
    www.rockymountainsuperchargers.com