The NO SHAKE ZONE - Looking forward to 2006

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

For starters, IHRA definitely needs to go back to 16 car fields regardless of what they do rules wise. That definitely doesn't help.

As far as boost valves or rev limiters...we see how well those have worked in top fuel...

chuck, good point on the schedule. the western races would certainly benefit. but who's going to cecil county over norwalk? i really hate to base my opinion on what could help the future of the class off of the current divisional system. it's broke, and i think you're going to see it go away in some form or fashion in the near future. take the divisional events out of the picture, and having ihra rules that allow screw cars and possibly a/fuel fc's with lower nitro %, and having a fc looks much brighter.

2. john348

john348 Top Alcohol

Here is an idea that is not talked about much
    How about we get rid of the screw blower and we all go back to a roots
    would only affect one manufacture (PSI)and they build roots blowers also
    then every car could go either way IHRA or NHRA
    Ihra could go back to a 16 car feild as they would not be short cars
    would take some of the sting out of the buget as most know a roots is a little easier on parts,
    i did say only a little

3. alkyholic

alkyholic Jr. Dragster

john348 - i was going to suggest that myself but I'll let the rocks be cast your way :D

4. was R4K

was R4K Member

Pat is likely to genteel to throw rocks at you guys- You should try a screw blower! Wish I could run one on my f/c- sure would be a lot less maintenance. I talked to some alky f/c guys from IHRA and they are not in love with their Kobelco by any means and apparently the service SUCKS! Doesn't seem cheaper to me???? :confused:

5. Dan Lynch

Dan Lynch Member

Haven't you ever heard the term, once you get SCREWED, you'll never go back to your ROOTS again...

6. Darren Smith

Darren Smith New Member

I do think that sea-level tracks the AF cars need 97%, as for the TAFC's, I doubt you'll see IHRA allow PSI's anytime soon. If the Racers themselves don't want them, you think IHRA's going to Force them?