the difference between a hobby and a business

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Bill Naves, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

Your age is beginning to speak for itself. Time to check the meds.

I know your comment was tongue in cheek, but it still comes off as dogmatic.

And if you don't know what "Dissaociative identity disorder" is, Google is your friend.

Cheers.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  2. Darren Smith

Darren Smith New Member

Well then are you supporting what aa/fa434 is suggesting? Running on Non-NHRA independent tracks with Little or NO insurance? That's what I read in his post.

3. aafa434

aafa434 Fuelish Habit

Google is your friend, too!

The fact that I can disagree with him and his position on the current state of madness at the NHRA and yet can still tell him that I think he has done a hell of a great job on the Nostalgia Funny Car doesn't seem to establish a conflict or a personality defect in my mind, but then, I'm the one that supposedly has a defective mind, according to Randy G. I suggest if this causes you concern that you seek to find out what would cause you to think that the two opinions are incompatible.

If there is dogma in any of this, please attribute it accurately - to the NHRA and not over here. If you are seeking the definition of “dogmatic”, look no farther than the wizards of Glendora where you can get all the authoritative, arrogant rant you want from them, without notice or request. That alone ought to quell any argument about where that definition applies here!

4. ITS IN MY BLOOD

Insured Or Not,. It is a Dangerous Sport,..We all know this..

You know the point or origin of this thread was whats the difference between
    a Hobby or Business racer,......

The point is, regaurdless of sportsman or Professional and no matter how you look at it, eitherway we Give the Nhra all of their money to be Them, and they take that money and put it torwards themselves, and that still is not enough. NHRA is killing the Hobby racer,..and YES I AGREE/or support, to a certain extent with aa/fa434,..The less tracks that are CONTROLLED,..yes I SAID CONTROLLED by the NHRA the more we can go be the hobbiest drag racer and have fun doing it,..OF COURSE we would have safty guidlines we all would be stupid if we did not show some brains with certain things like,..examples.
    Make sure,...
    Fire bottles filled with suppressent and w/pressure too
    Helmet,fire suit,gloves,boots,..
    DIAPER ON ALL CARS
    tires are not cracked and are in good condition
    CHASSIS has current tag with no skimping
    Good working chutes,..AND BRAKES,..steel or carbon,..Brakes are brakes
    one just cost a hell of alot more than the other,..if they work they work,..right !!!!
    The people around your car know what they are doing,..NO NEWBS,..That gets people hurt,..watch,listen and learn,for along time,.then get your hands dirty.

You get the idea,..certainly wouldnt go to the starting line knowing there was a crack in the chassis, or in a blower casing, or a Oil leak on a oil line and wrap it up with a rag and duct tape,..etc,...etc,... Should all tracks have insurance,>>>YES<<<< does the insurance company need to be IN BED with the Nhra>>NO<<<...Does the Nhra think they they need to set the standard on how much and when you should have to pay for Insurance>>NO<<<< for the most part,.it is the tracks responsibility,..
    Im sorry Fuk nhra,...and I praise the next sand lot availablity so WE all can leave the Nhra`s trumped up nightmare,..Once again I will say we pay into the Nhra as an association member kinda like a union,..except with no say so in nothing.
    NHRA can have their intent,.which is to have the fastest and most expensive BillBoards on their tracks running everyweekend,.but yet cant even pay for the TV time so it gets interupted or pre empted,..what ever ,.blah blah blah,..tired of this shit hole.
    Do you think I would be this way if I pocketed $80,plus thousand a year,.or my buddy was the owner of a multi billion dollar company,...It would make life easier with racing BUT,..It would still be the same ol Nhra,..THE NHRA SAND LOT HAS BEEN PISSED IN ONE TOO MANY TIMES,..AND NEVER GETS CLEANED UP..!!!!!!! We as members are the ones that are suppose to keep it clean,..But how we do it is,..Unobtainable..!!!!!!!!!!

Moral of this Story is,.....Dont Shit where you eat and sleep,.!!!!!!!!!

Time to Move on,....Next.

Vic Miller <<<<< Definatly a Black List member requirement

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  5. aafa434

aafa434 Fuelish Habit

Bic is blacklisted for speaking up about NHRA

We still luv ya Bic!