The 98% rule will display...

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Pat McGill, Sep 30, 2005.

1. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

For thoese of you who are comparing et's at Dallas theis past weekend you might consider this,
    How many blown cars were there? I think 3, yes thats right just 3. Were these representative of the quickest blown cars in the country? I will leave that determanation up to you. It just seems to me when you compare times in a competetion you need to be more balanced than this.

2. SMcLEMORE

SMcLEMORE New Member

Bob, to answer your question, yes I think the blower cars were represented well. Two of the three are members of the 5.2 club and Lee was quicker than both in qualifing. The reason for only three cars is that there were other races going on this past weekend. If you think just because Lee was the quickest blown car that the blower cars must not have been represeneted well, then you need to pull your car out of the garage and see if you can make enough power to run 5.39.

3. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

Stacy, sorry if I offended you. You know that I think you are one of the best blown tuners out there. You are the reason for the success Jay M. had. That said I am entitled to my openion that with only three blown cars there at Dallas it was not a real good measure. I remember when you used to tune Jay into the low 5.40's with conditions a whole lot worse than at Dallas. No one has still been able to explain to me why the blower cars can't seem to run as good or better than four years ago. Am I missing something here. Has NHRA changed the rules on the blown cars and I just didn't know about it. I have heard the old excuse about it costing money but there are people out here with blown cars right now that if you told them it would cost 100k to run a 5.2? they would pull their check book out.
    That was a nice (best ever) run Lee made and I am proud for him.
    I hear that Lee is going to run A-Fuel next year.
    Are you going to work with him on the nitro car?

4. SMcLEMORE

SMcLEMORE New Member

Bob, You are right NHRA has not made any rule changes for the Blown cars. So, if you have the same parts you had four years ago, guess what your going to run the same. It took us three years , but we finally figured out what Lee's car wanted. And it wasn't even close to what Jay's car liked. Thanks for the compliment and keep hammering away at yours it will come.