Tell Fiorelli to pack it up!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by $candal, Sep 19, 2009.

1. 310TAD

310TAD Top Alcohol

No, Will. You don't hide behind a screen name.
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

2. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

Dan, I want to thank you for coming on here and explaining what happend on your run. I agree with foc in the fact that you as an owner/driver dont have to explain anything. You dont have to answer to any of us. I do like the precautions you have taken above and beyond what NHRA requires of the cars. Kudos for you for that.

Ive been in Mr Lucas and Fiorellis shoes ( albeit not in a TAD ) as one who has oiled the track at a National or divisional race. It certainly wasnt my intention on that run to kick the rods out of my SBC and oil down the shutdown area. Shit happens. It certainly wasnt my intention to worry my mom as she stood at the starting line watching me disappear in a cloud of oil smoke. And I certianly didnt intend on having my dad make the next pass in that lane and have his car covered in rice hull ash.

Wether someone is a one time offender or has had the misfortune of many oil downs, its not for any of us to judge. Sure it sucks to have to wait through the cleanup but thats part of racing. Its bad enough to have to go through that and deal with the money loss in parts. Then to add insult have some knuckhead call you out on it.

Just my .02

3. GregM784

GregM784 Member

Wuttapud.

I've been there too. It sucks hard core to put 'stuff' on the track.

I also agree that Dan didn't owe ANYONE an explanation. I respect him for doing that however. Tom hammond? WTF?

4. $candal

$candal New Member

Mr Fiorelli. I am sorry

Ok my bad. I apologize to all involved. Had bad info.

Hey Will. Get it right. Its Tom H.A.M.I.L.L

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE REST OF THE WAY.

Again, I apologize

5. GregM784

GregM784 Member

Thanks Tom for steppin up. I take back my Whuttapud comment. :)

6. MrMoparRacing

MrMoparRacing New Member

Listen here, you can blow up anything even when you have all the best parts! My car only runs 9.80's with a small block. So far this year I have only had the car out to three races and I have lost two transmissions with name brand components and a head gasket ( I will not throw the mfg's under the bus like the originator of this post would have). Even though I used all name brand parts with the first trans having only around 30 passes and the 2nd trans only having two passes and the head gaskets around 30 passes. While I am only running 11.5-1 compression with a alky fueled carbureted engine. I only buy name brand parts to try to avoid this BUT this is racing and anything can happen at any time! Luckily, even with all of these problems I didn't oil down the track and of these times!

One more comment here, do you seriously think that someone wants to blow their stuff up? It's easy for someone to talk crap when they don't race or own their own race car! I know, I know, you probably think that I don't have any business on here for not having a TAD or TAFC but blowing parts up is expensive and I know that the majority of the racers on here are NOT millionaires, they are hard working people that bust their butts so that they can do what they love wether they can afford it or not! Next time, think before you post!

Drake Simmons
    SST 3170
    440-371-6510