*** Tec Question ***

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by BUTCH, Apr 11, 2012.

1. BUTCH

BUTCH Member

We are running a blown alky BBC conventional heads and a 206D, we back halfed the car last year and pulled the glide (1.80 first gear) and installed a Bruno/lenco CS-2 , 3 speed ( 1.31 and a 1.38 gear sets) with the same first gear ratio 1.8078. other info is, a 4.30 rear gear, Goodyear 34.5 slicks, with this car we run 3 different tunes, 6.60, 6.30, and in either class we can lift the index to go as fast as we want on the final round, mostly 6.00, the max RPM's we see is about 9200, but of cource we want to go faster now!!!

The problem is that with the glide when we ran are fast tune, my 60 foot would be between .925 to .935, and now with the same overdrive the best i can get is 1.00, and On the top end of the track I have less then 4% slippage in the converter, I have tryed to get the car to 60 foot better by adding more low end power at stage and at the hit and it really has not done much., got us from 1.06 to 1.00 60 foot. some of the things we have done to get the car to 60 foot is, added timming from 29 to 36 degrees, disabled 6 shooter, increased boast from 17 psi at stage to 30 psi at stage, added a low gear lean out, increased stage rpm from 3000 to 5000 RPM's, raised the egt temps at stage from about 600 to 750.

My question is what is the best over all way to get back the 60 foot?
    loosen the converter or
    add more first gear ratio?

If I loosen the converter, It will increase the slippage down low and at the top end of the track and increase the max RPM on the motor, not good if i am going to try to step on it any harder? Or is there something I am missing ???

I hope this post reads ok???? Thanks again for the help

Butch

2. Ron C

Ron C Jr. Dragster

Butch, if I remember correctly you lengthened the distance from the engine to the rear end to fit the Bruno/Lenco in there. Did you raise the engine center line to compensate for the change (less) in weight transfer?

Couple of years ago when I was having trouble getting mine to hook up at the starting line, moved engine up 1 degree and it was like night and day in transfer.

Just an idea..........see you in Redding, and if we both get to the final round, the index if off:D .

Blessings........ Ron Clevenger