Team Shields hanging it up?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Kingnitro, Aug 9, 2003.

1. David Smith

David Smith Member

Joe I spend PLENTY of time in the Alky pits talking about the class and parity to drivers I have made friends that race both combinations. I never said its a total level playing field if you reread my post again you will see I blame NHRA for the problems within the class not the racers! Its the tuners and teams jobs to take the rule book set forth by the sanctioning body and do there best to make the car run as fast as they can with in those rules. If the sanctioning body neglects to keep up with the rules and make changes when necessary then obviously eventually theres gonna come a day there is a problem and this is exactly where the Teams in TAD stand today. I do not know the solution to the problem and I am not gonna sit here and try to come up with a solution either as I know very little about these cars other then what questions I ask and a few times over the past two years I have done little odds and ends to help my friends out if they were a bit short handed and needed something done.

But taking Norm Drazys comments and twisting and turning them, Taking cheap shots at the series sponser when you have not seen any documentation to prove they are influnincing the rules in the class one way or the other and calling one combination names is not gonna fix the problem is it? This is the problem I have with your postings Joe.

I know I am optimistic about the blown car chances for the championship but with a little luck and hard work you just never know what might happen.

David

2. Kingnitro

Kingnitro New Member

David, when did I ever twist anything Norm Drazy said? I don't know what's gotten into you, the reason you target me out of all the folks on here. But I guess I live and learn!

3. alkysniffer

alkysniffer New Member

David is a good guy and I know him personally he is not the kind of guy to deliberatly start fights. I also read his posts and I dont see anything wrong with what he said and I also dont see where he said it was a level playing feild. All he did say here was that he thinks that if things were to go right for Wells or
    Thacker they may stand a chance of catching Bradshaw. I just hope he is right on one of them.