Team Shields hanging it up?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Kingnitro, Aug 9, 2003.

1. Kingnitro

Kingnitro New Member

I saw on another board that their entire operation's for sale in ND!

2. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

Sorry to hear this news. Is it a parity issue or a personal issue? If it is indeed a parity issue, NHRA loses another car.

3. David Smith

David Smith Member

Hopefully this is being overblown. I sure hope Duane keeps on racing!

4. Dan Lynch

Dan Lynch Member

Hopefully, not true...

We need to keep some blown cars in the DNQ list...

Anyway...

5. div7racer

div7racer New Member

I saw shields in sonoma during the finals. His head was about to his knees. he looked very sad.

at the end of last year he sold everything to thought so im not shure if he is hanging it up or getting another new ride?

6. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

i talked to duane today, and he said he is pretty disheartened by the whole situation in the class right now, so he has everything for sale, and is considering his options for next year.

7. Kingnitro

Kingnitro New Member

Maybe he'll switch to TAFC???

8. maxkakl

maxkakl New Member

doubt this will be the last of the blown alcohol guys to bail.

[ August 12, 2003, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: maxkakl ]

9. NOBODYUKNOW

NOBODYUKNOW New Member

I would be willing to bet if they ARE giving it up, It's probably because it's just getting tooooo Damn EXPENSIVE!!!
    You CAN'T compete against guys like Manzo, Bucky, Gasparelli, just to mention a few.
    They throw money at these cars like the pros did back in the late 80's & early 90's....
    it can't keep going like this or NHRA is going to lose out on ALOT of good cars, And more importantly "Good People" running them.

That's MY opinion... for what it's worth???

10. Kingnitro

Kingnitro New Member

In case you didn't know, Shields doesn't compete with Manzo, Bucky, and Newberry!

11. NOBODYUKNOW

NOBODYUKNOW New Member

OHHHHHH, No Sheet????
    Hey "KingSalami" the point I was making was that with the COST OF ALCOHOL RACING it's no wonder teams (Be it TAD OR TAFC) are leaving...

And next time take a DEEP BREATH BEFORE jumping in and looking "Foolish"

And last time I looked this was an "Alcohol" site, So what is a NitroSalami doing here anyways???

Talk to ya soon!!!

12. alkysniffer

alkysniffer New Member

Well if something aint done soon here you will see a lot of cars getting sold. There is no way a person is gonna go out there and try and race when there is a 2 tenth advantage to another set of cars. I know a person can switch to them but some ppl are too old to do it and it is better to quit and some just dont want to mess with nitro. Dont get me wrong here a fuel guys I do like to watch them run too and enjoy the cars but a person dont go elephant hunting with a bb-gun cause if you do you are gonna get your a$$ kicked. That is what it is like in tad right now and the bad thing is that the races where the blower cars do have a chance at like denver is taken off the schedule. Sorry to see Duane feeling like that but if something aint done there will be more. By the way if Duane reads this thanks for the hot dogs and cake at the Las Vegas race and hopefully we will be seeing you at the divisional there this fall. Nice ppl they are.

13. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

Tough to sell a BAD when the market sucks. Pretty soon, the BAD market will turn into the PST market.

14. Kingnitro

Kingnitro New Member

Hey Nobody's Interested, think before you spell. You said Manzo and Bucky, got back and check! A.D.D. is not recommended on this board!

15. 310TAD

310TAD Top Alcohol

I accepted the high cost of racing when I upgraded all our equipment last year. What I can not accept are unfair rules, causing 1/3 of the class to have a large advantage over the other 2/3's. Of course while AF/D's do make up only about 35% of the TA/D's on the continent, I guess they do make up 100% of the Top 3 points earners. Makes you think the Independant Party Presidential Nominee will probably win the next US Presidential election, huh?
    Have a great day all,
    Marty

only 13 days to Indy

16. MIke Eubank

MIke Eubank Super Comp

Obviously something needs to be done about the parity issue. Like Marty said, it is not good for 1/3 to over rule the 2/3 majority. I also believe that you don't punish people for thier success. So, how do you speed up the blown car without the cost going out of site? Do you slow the fuel cars down? Do you make two classes? Inquiring minds want to know. So would alot of B.A.D. guys.

Mikey :cool:

17. Kingnitro

Kingnitro New Member

The only thing NHRA will respond to is car counts! As long as 25-30 TAD's show up, in NHRA's eyes, the class is flourishing! I'm curious how many blown cars show up at Indt?

18. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

"My car wouldn't run that fast if you pushed it off the empire state building...." Bobby T.

Anyone know if there is a cheese sponsor in BAD oops my bad...TOP ALCOHOL DRAGSTER?

No NITRO allowed!!!!!!

KB

19. David Smith

David Smith Member

Joe put a cork in it already! Do you prefer Huggies or Luvs? There will be lots of TAD's in INDY imho and there will be lots of blown cars and a/fuel cars it is INDY. I do not understand you at times Joe! on one thread one day your stating teams in TAFC have banged up shop and do not goto Divisional or National Event races anymore because of guys like Manzo, Newberry, Bucky, and others and now today your encouraging teams to sell there blown dragster and go TAFC ?

Anyway call me crazy but I still believe David Wells and Marty Thacker still have a shot at the title they need to make there last few divisional races count and both have the teams and resources to do so I beleive they can make a ton of points up on Alan Bradshaw on the divisional side and add in some decent finishes if not wins at there last few remaining national events you just never know but I have not given up on them all year and I will not now!

I blame all the Top Alcohol classes problems on the sanctioning body (NHRA) there failure to keep up with the times has made things out of control I just hope theres time to fix this mess.

anyway I hope to all the teams that are in attendence at Indy take the time to come out to the TARA meeting being held saturday Morning at 10 am and work together to come up with soulitions to better the class for all the competitors that compete in it. afterall it is your future.

David Smith

20. Kingnitro

Kingnitro New Member

David, If you think it's a level playing field fine. Ask the drivers, they're the one's spending the cash!