Tad 5.10

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by ch3no2, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Smokey

Smokey New Member

No, lets get serious. If you came up with a cylinder head, camshaft, fuel system combination that worked, within the current frame work of the rules and you ran 4.90....yes....that would be evolution.
    Please show me in any rule book where your investment and dreams are guaranteed in any form of racing......unless maybe you want a claimer class.
    There are countless instances of racers in all forms of racing who switch brands of cars, types of engines, classes or any untold factors because they felt their present combination was not competitive. Unfortunately, in this case one type would rather cry foul to rules makers because another type was more competitive.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  2. was R4K

was R4K Member

Smokey- your post was interesting enuff for me to check your profile at which time I lost interest- anonymity equals low credability--Marty has LARGE credability. I realize they are all opinions, but some opinions do carry more weight than others--
    Bob Meek

3. topfuell

topfuell New Member

re: but we care marty

we care about you marty, we'll just work harder, again, we'll bitch and complain, start running 4.80's, put our parts on the shelf cause we will have to change. we wouldnt want to give you the grief we have went through in the past. its kinda of nice not having to change parts for a year or two, but we a/foolers are used to it. so let it be. we will adapt and overcome. A/FOOLERS UNITE IN BROTHA-HOODE.

4. Smokey

Smokey New Member

Anyone's credibility is not the issue R4K. It is simply fact. Please disprove what I stated to Marty.

5. 310TAD

310TAD Top Alcohol

Smokey Who?

Smokey, are you a racer? Do I know you?
    NHRA has limited us to the old head config, & blowers that we've been running for years. We keep kicking the same horse, while poutting more weight on it's back.
    Please show me in the rule book where it says NHRA won't adjust the rules to maintain fair competition.
    You don't want the BA/D racers to cry foul because of unfair competition, but you want to cry foul because of a needed rules adjustment.
    I guess it should be your way all the time.
    We are not asking for the advantage to be reversed and handed to us. We just want things more even. What is it you don't like about that. I guess if you signed your real name, we might be able to figure it out ourselfs.

Top Fuel,
    Thanks for caring. But I doubt that you put in any more hours than we do. We have spent money changing parts over the years trying to catch you. Unfortunately, with the NHRA imposed limits, there's no big bang for our buck out there. Heck, we can't even get a POP like you have.
    As far as changing parts for the last AF/D rules change (97%) the master (Mr. Reichert) said he didn't change any parts and ran 5.19 immediately.
    Things that make you go HHHHMMMMMMM!
    I just wish the brotherhood could include both AF/D's and BA/D's, but you don't seem to want us in your club.

When all the BA/D's are gone, how many cars will Reichert, Boggs, Gallant, Conway, and Darrian be able to tune. What do you invision the future of the class to be?

Just want to race my car,
    Marty

6. Smokey

Smokey New Member

Mr. Thacker:
    1- you don't need a new blower, it will only cause you more problems than you can now afford. You are closer to the right answer by going after a newer head configuration. I would bet Mr. Sanchez would agree on that one.
    If you are going to push for anything new...that's it.
    2- section 19.2.1 of the nhra rule book should answer your thoughts on what they say about maintaining fair competition.
    3- Mr Reichert ran faster on less percentage and changed no parts? Does that make sense to you Marty? So maybe another 2% less would put him in the low 5.00's? And why did his team bitch the loadest when the nitro was cut to 97%?????
    By the way, please read post #13 on this thread.

7. was R4K

was R4K Member

re read my post---all I said was also fact- that your anonymity took a little luster from your post.
    Personally I like both forms of rapid transit in the alcohol dragster class, but always felt that the biggest cryers were the guys who hired guys to work on their cars regardless of the fuel they burned. That said- guys like Marty and a large number of slower a/fd guys as well are ussually busting their butt to succeed and I understand their frustration when somebody says they don't work hard enuff---the a/fd guys that don't break 5.60 must be just as frustrated, but nobody tells them to quit whining and work harder???
    just reread this and the rapid transit thing was either a freuidian slip or a pun, so don't get excited ---have some humor!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  8. Smokey

Smokey New Member

R4K, you are correct in saying: "guys like Marty and a large number of slower a/fd guys as well are usually busting their butt to succeed"................. and ..........."the a/fd guys that don't break 5.60 must be just as frustrated, but nobody tells them to quit whining and work harder" (VERY GOOD POINT).
    I doubt any of those 5.60 guys would feel it fair to cut their nitro percentage any more or give the alky cars any more of an advantege against them. So, what is the answer? Leave things alone and let the strong survive?
    That may be the fairest thing to do for all invloved.

9. Bob Meyer

Bob Meyer Comp Eliminator

There has always only been ONE answer, even after all these years...............Split the class.
    And of course, NHRA says "where is the championship money supposed to come from"?
    In reality, when counting the money at the end of the year, we've all been embarassed by outgo vs. income!
    Not to pick on anybody in particular, but Jack O'Bannon comes to mind for the question, How big of a dent did all those "CHAMPIONSHIP" dollars compare to the outgo of costs of those five big ? checks. ???
    Don't get me wrong, money winnings are good, but I really do believe we all want to run the cars for fun and of course, a little ego, instead of being embarrased by answering the question "Cool you won the championship, how much did get ?" ANSWER: mumble-mumble-cough..
    SPLIT THE CLASS and the money, but NHRA might have to spend more money for a trophy, but we could just OK a $1 dollar per entry/per race and they would make money on that too, so they might be interested.:rolleyes:

10. Darren Smith

Darren Smith New Member

Splitting the Classes 3-4 years back would've made sense, not enough Blown cars anymore.

11. 310TAD

310TAD Top Alcohol

# of blown cars

Darren,
    The blown cars didn't evaporate. They're still out there. Good people have parked them because of the disparity. If they could get a fair race, they bring 'em back out. I have several racers who call me, asking when something is going to be done. Right now they have race cars that they don't fell like there's any sense in racing, and they're having trouble figuring out how to eat them.
    Since we can't seem to have rules to keep the 2 car class fair, I would love to see the class split. I just don't see NHRA sharing any more of their money. That would cut into their yearend bonuses alittle.

Marty

12. afuelfreak

afuelfreak New Member

Maybe ??????

:confused: :confused: after a couple yellow pops @ a bench racing session , a racer came up with a good idea at least it sounded good , at the time , each racer gets 1 engine per racing event the one thats in the rails when they tech the car in,
    thats all you get , they mark it with a ? , & if you destroy it you go home.
    "MAYBE THE HEADS too FOR AN INJECTED CAR " have the nhra officials police it , after each run the diapers come off , blocks & engine get inspected
    engine mounts , marked etc. that might make it a little more interesing , keep the cost down , i can think of a couple times this year when that might have made it a little more interesting , PLEASE NOTE ; this is just an idea after a couple cold ones if you dont agree please dont take it personal !!!!

13. Henry Charest

Henry Charest New Member

After having run A/F and BAD in the distant past, I've come to a conclusion: the NHRA looks at sportsman racers like something they just stepped in that smells bad, and can't wait to be shed of. Yes, at the Divisional races, you're treated well as sportsmen racers, but that is simply because there aren't any pros to steal the show. I'm disgusted when I look around the stands when the alcohol cars come to the line at National Events. The majority of the spectators can't wait to get out of the stands, and, unfortunatly, miss some of the best competition at the event.
    Another reality check: NHRA IS NOT going to share its' revenue with you. Even when you look at the pro payouts, it is evident that the majority of them could care less about the purse. When I see big name racers turn down invitations to attend a $100,000.00 to win T/F event because it isn't a NHRA race, pays no points, and is an eighth mile event, that pretty well spells it out to me. Not to mention the fact that the paltry payout for WINNING a World Championship in TF and FC, $400,000.00, might pay for three or four races. Rant over.............
    Henry