T Pedregon win 2nd round??

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Ron C, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Ron C

Ron C Jr. Dragster

What thought process am I missing here. Tony P chuck's his entire body off and coasts across the finish line for the win...? How could he possibly meet minimum legal weight when he crossed the finish line with the body laying in the other lane behind him?
    This opens up a bunch of ideas to me about disposing of weight as you go down the track and then putting it back on the car before you weight in...!!

Blessings.............Ron Clevenger

Creekside Racing Ministry..........Top Eliminator West

2. Lethal Threat Racing

NOW that is a guy thinking out side the box.

3. Dave Germain

Dave Germain New Member

weighing in

That brings a question to mind- can a person refuel the car before you weigh it? Weighing it with a full load of fuel would be the actual weight that it started with. By the way- I haven't ever done that- never had a car that was too light. maybe its the fat ass in the seat? Dave Germain

4. maddhatter

maddhatter Jr. Dragster

body parts

I thought when I read that on NHRA's site that maybe the body and shrapnel came off after the finish line ?? littering the track is grounds for disqualification (sp) ?? (no oil) and for sure the weight reduction ??? good thing I'm not a conspiacy theroist (sp) lol hey I just build the fire I'm not responsible for it ha ha love to see the vid

5. Ron C

Ron C Jr. Dragster

Rule states "Minimum weight at conclusion of run 2,555 pounds (FC), including driver".

No rule reference to the body mass in the seat:)!

But it does state " A 2000 or later model-year NHRA accepted coupe or sedan body". I guess NHRA accepted that zero body across the finish line.

Something fishy going on here with NHRA.

Blessings..........Ron.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  6. AFC357

AFC357 New Member

Something IHRA never made us do and NHRA MADE us do is take the body pole out when we weigh! As I was so "politely" told by an Official when I questioned it "You don't race with the @#%& pole on the car, do ya!"

7. JustinatAce

JustinatAce Member

At the Topeka Nats this year in Round 1, Williams kicked 2 rods going through the lights, had a little fire but won the round. Went to the scales after dumping oil and fire bottles on the track and was around 15 lbs. light. Had to throw all the Hans stuff, helmet, gloves, body burst panel and every other piece we could pick up off the track just to make weight or they would DQ the round. Good to know there is a double standard for the fuel cars.

8. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

That was started years ago when team "XYZ" had a 50 pound body pole special made. Another team was caught with pockets sewn in the engine cover with lead shot in them.

Racers are a creative bunch.

RG

9. Funnycarbob

Funnycarbob Top Dragster

Body in the other lane

Don't that mean that he crossed the center line??

10. Woodchip

Woodchip Top Alcohol Dragster

and don't forget the lead lined substitute helmet that rode down to the shut off area in the push truck.

11. alt 6153

alt 6153 Member

Maybe they let Tony get away with it this time, because they (NHRA) didn't want to listen to him throw a fit like he did when J Force, just happened to, :confused:;)?!?!? lose to R Hight at Indy. :eek: Just a thought.

12. QPM

QPM New Member

Body in other lane

My first thought, when reading that the body came off, was that if it hit the wall or ended up in the other lane and he should be disqualified. I wonder if a lesser funded team would have been disqualified. I guess that means Tony isn't "one of the little guys" like he claimed at Indy.

13. GregM784

GregM784 Member

Some thoughts i had.

1. he crossed the stripe before the body landed, so the race is over.
    2. A body is basically a known weight, so do they add it back to the scale weight?

14. Ron C

Ron C Jr. Dragster

Greg, the ESPN camera shot clearly showed him crossing the finish line without the body on the car. This is a ponder-er as to what NHRA is thinking for sure.

Blessings..................Ron Clevenger.

15. Shaun H

Shaun H Has been Alky racer

That racer with the 50lb body pole and weight in the engine cover used to say "it aint cheating if you don't get caught".

16. foc

foc New Member

Xyz

now Randy thats funny i remember that very well ........

17. bruce mullins

bruce mullins Top Dragster

wow, this place could be turning into "YB" with the complaining. :rolleyes: this wasn't the first time a fuel car burnt the body off in a winning effort so i am sure nhra has some type of small print somewhere in the "john force amended version" (not picking on john) since he wrote the book years ago on how to burn one to the ground and still win!:eek:

18. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

The story I heard was that a crewmember dropped it when they went to lower the body when leaving the scales. When it landed it sounded like someone dropped a short block out of the back of a pick up truck. The guy at the scales said..."Whooah...hold on there, son. Lemme see that-there thang."

I didn't know crank shaft mallory could be used to fill a body pole.

19. GregM784

GregM784 Member

8 thousand dollar body pole..LMAO

Ron, i know he crossed with out it, i just mentioned that the race was 'over' when the body finally landed (can't remember if it landed in his lane)

20. The Zone

The Zone Member

The NHRA has always made exceptions when and engine grenades or it loses the body.
    Dean