Systems 1 oil filter problems

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Joe Blo, May 20, 2005.

1. Joe Blo

Joe Blo New Member

Hi, I have bought 2 used system 1 oil pumps, 1 for my alky hemi, and the other for a mates nitro hemi, each time they have been installed the system 1 oil filter gets blown off straight away at idle, can anybody tell me if they make a billet housing, with my billet KB pump works fine. Also does System 1 have a web site?
    Thanks Joe

2. Danny Humphreys

I'm having problems w/ my System One Filter leaking as well. Pullled it off and sending ti back to them to determine why.

3. TAF 316

TAF 316 Member

4. WADE RACING

WADE RACING New Member

If you are blowing a System 1 filter off at idle, you have a MAJOR problem you need to address before you start blaming an oil filter!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck

5. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

A couple of things. First System One makes two different filters. One is for race cars that use 50w oil or less and one is for blown alky and nitro cars that use oil thicker than 50w. The big difference is the micron size of the filter screen and the type Orings used. The big one use double viton orings.

One of the major causes of leaks is the orings not being seated in the grooves on the end piece that first fits on the filter that is under the cap. We had problems with this until we attached that piece to the filter first before we slide it into the cannister. Richard Earp at System One is real helpful and will pressure test your filter for you free. He never charged us to fix our small problem.

6. Danny Humphreys

Got an answer for System 1 on this. Apparently the jam nut they used on the mounting base is too thick and does not allow the filter to seat correctly. Not sure how they didn't catch this earlier though.

7. T.A.D. 776

T.A.D. 776 New Member

A few years back I was having problems pushing the sealing ring out on oil filters. So now I Super Glue the O rings to the filter, problem solved. Nothing like oil under your tires to put a little excitement in your life.