Super Gas champ Mia Tedesco scores second Top Alcohol Dragster victory in a row

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Aug 29, 2017.

By News Editor on Aug 29, 2017 at 12:17 PM
  1. News Editor

News Editor Administrator

BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (Aug. 28) -- Mia Tedesco collected her second Top Alcohol Dragster victory in a row Sunday at the North Central Finals at Beech Bend Raceway Park. Tedesco beat Marty Thacker in the final to pad her Division 3 points total, which already got a boost two weeks ago when she
    won Chicago.

"It was a lucky weekend for us but we'll certainly take it," Tedesco said. "We tested before the race and our CARS Vehicle Service Contracts/Schepel Motors/NGK/Lucas Oil Top Alcohol Dragster was really not running well. Then we get here and shake the tires in the first qualifier and I was getting concerned. But the guys stayed with it and we came back and ran a 5.275 at 272.23 mph in Q2 to take the pole.

"We got to eliminations and for the first time ever in Top Alcohol I had a competition bye run. I was supposed to race Jared Dreher but they broke something and couldn't make the call. In Round 2, once again for the first time ever, I got a bye run because there were only six cars. We definitely had some breaks go our way."

Although the path to the final round was relatively easy, Tedesco faced a tough opponent in Thacker. But Lady Luck stayed on Tedesco's side as Thacker struggled to get down the track under power after a great launch. Tedesco won with a 5.359 at 269.19 mph to Thacker's drifting 17.093 at 25.16 mph.

"It was kind of cool it was Marty because my first win in Alcohol came three years ago at this same event and Marty was our opponent then also," Tedesco said. "He's a good racer and we're 1-2 in the North Central Region points right now so I'm sure we'll be battling until the end."

As for her championship-winning CARS Vehicle Service Contracts/VP Racing Fuels Super Gas Chevrolet Cavalier, Tedesco raced to the third of seven rounds before bowing out to Alex Miller by .003 seconds. To reach the third round, Tedesco beat Tim Dimond in Round 1 and Jeff Jensen in Round 2.

"The car is running fine," Tedesco said. "It's no different than it was last year and we're really not doing anything different with the set-up or my driving. We're just not getting the breaks we got last year. There's no need to do anything other than keep after it. Things will swing back our way at some point."

Up next, Tedesco will contest Top Alcohol Dragster and Super Gas at the 63rd annual Chevrolet Performance U.S. Nationals, drag racing's biggest and longest-running event.

[​IMG]
    --30--

Visit CarsProtectionPlus.com and GeigerMediaGlobal.com for more information. ​

Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories

Comments

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Aug 29, 2017.