Strout spring launcher chutes

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Rusty Kramer, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Rusty Kramer

Rusty Kramer New Member

Is anyone using the spring launch or air chutes from stroud? I am building a new dragster and have it set up for pilot type chutes, but with all the cars I see hitting the sand I am considering changing to the spring type. Anybody have experience with them?

2. DHE

DHE New Member

We use Stroud air launchers,and they work great.They chuck the chute way behind the wheelie bars,so there's less chance of getting caught in them.Just make sure and turn the air bottle on before the run!LOL

3. was R4K

was R4K Member

I drove for a guy a couple of years ago that had them on a tad- they were great to pack!

4. Danny Humphreys

I run a pair of the air launch Strouds on my Outlaw 10.5 car. It helps get the chutes out and deployed faster especially running 1/8th mile where the speeds aren't as high and also gets them otu from the wheelie bars. I am a dealer for Stroud if you need anything call me at 214-724-1056 or email me at sales@tdre.net

5. mike tkach

mike tkach New Member

i have a pair of the springloaded launchers with chutes[used]forsale,lol MIKE T

6. Michael

Michael New Member

Not to Hijack a thread, but, if anyone can send comprehensive instructions on how to pack a "spring" style chute, I would really apprecite it, I called stround and because I didn't buy the chute from them "new" they where less than helpful, told me for $25 US plus shipping they would send me instructions, seemed a little steep I thought, plus they where very rude on the phone, anyway, if someone could forward instructions and/or anything helpful as far as mounting/packing/maintaining that kinda stuff I would appreciate it, thanks alot guys

Michael

7. Rusty Kramer

Rusty Kramer New Member

Thanks for the information guys!