Stock GM steel crank

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by JCRVETTE, Jun 8, 2008.

1. altered boy

altered boy Outlaw Altered

damn bro... you cut me pretty deep on that one

at least now i know who is throwin rocks at my little nitro burner :(

i think in the original intent of this thread though... jcrvette wasn't talking about making 3,000HP more like 1,200HP in a mild alky set up. so in light of that i don't know that a BAE hemi is a requirement?

2. JCRVETTE

JCRVETTE New Member

Beleive me, I'm havin them hemi dreams! But right now I am hoping to use that 8-71 and buy a few parts and just have some fun and learn the blown alky thing before something expensive gets hurt. Right now the vette chassis is m/s 7.50 cert so thats the hp limit for now. I am thinking once i'm done beating on the blown 468 it would make a neat motor for all kinds of toys/cars in the future. But not if it costs big $$ to do. Then I'll build a new chassis (what I do) and buy the used hemi stuff for sure. Already seen that coming. Selling it is an option to, like you said. But from my perspective, I like to build something that I know what I have and whats happened to it, instead of selling it and buying a potential problem that may cost more in the long run.Right now the money is the issue, so thats why I'm trying to find the most economical way to use that blower. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this with me. It really helps to make plans when you have someone giving ideas.