Steve Boggs is the new tuner for..........

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by The Zone, Dec 3, 2003.

1. The Zone

The Zone Member

Mitch Myers in 2004. Mitch will run an extensive National event program and enough divisionals to challenge for a top 5-10 placing in 2004. Go here for full release.
    Dean

2. imjustafan

imjustafan New Member

I think we have a new top ten contender.

Good choice Mitch. [​IMG]

It looks like you quit crying and now your going to make the other teams cry. :rolleyes:

3. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

Great tuner and good luck.

Still plan to not go to events when is expected to go over 85 degrees?

4. ch3no2

ch3no2 New Member

I think thats great. Steve Boggs is one of the best tuners anywhere. In just 2 years of tuning bartones a-fueler he made it one of the most dominating cars in the class. This guy lives and breathes this stuff. I wish him the best. Mitch just made himself a contender.

5. ch3no2

ch3no2 New Member

tjenna,
    As far as not going to events when it's over 85 degrees; I'm sure all a-fuel guys would love to see every event stay below 75 degrees and 2000 feet of air, but that won't happen. Boggs is too good of a tuner to not want this challenge, he wants to figure out how to make these cars fast in bad air. I hope he or someone figures it out. I would love to see a 5.20 something in 3500 feet of air, that would really have the blown guys upset!

6. Mr Scary

Mr Scary New Member

I'll bet the first time a A_Fuel car pops off a 5.20 at Pomona, all the Gripping will be gone!

7. ch3no2

ch3no2 New Member

Bartone set the e/t record at pomona with a 5.22 I want to see some 20's in 3500 feet of air. Aint gonna happen in an a-fueler anytime soon.

8. David Smith

David Smith Member

Mitch you defintely made a great investment taking on Steve Boggs as your tuner. Steve is defintely one of the best tuners out there wether it be Injected on Nitro or Blown . I have seen Tony run great numbers this year in all types of weather conditions so with Steve Boggs in your corner I would not worry too much about what the temperture is as Steve is good at what he does. Anyway if you choose to go the weather condition route I wish you the best as the weather channel can't get the next days weather correct alot of the time!

Goodluck in 2004

David

9. ch3no2

ch3no2 New Member

I've never met a guy who is more intense about what he does than Steve Boggs. If there is a better tuner out there I'd like to meet him. There are some guys on his level, Reichert, Meyer,and Darien Meadows all know how to haul ass but Steve has the history to back it up. How many consecutive round wins did he have with Bartone's funny car in the late 90's; I think it was like 50... that's unbelievable!!!
    P.S. I hope a-fuelers continue to kick ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. mitch myers

mitch myers Guest

thanks all for the positive comments. I can't express enough how excited we are to have Steve with us for the upcoming season. As Steve recently told me we are on the same page and he is just as excited to be with us. he struggled in the summer months and is quite impressed with our performance in conditions where a fuel cars generaly struggle.Like Steve said "you guys have not won national & divisional events by accident" Anyhow Look for a huge announcement in regards to a new sponsor in the next week or two. Everyone .....including my critiques have a great holidays season!!!!

Mitch

11. ch3no2

ch3no2 New Member

Mitch
    Are you planning a full schedule for 2004? Congratulations on the possible new sponser! I'm sure you will be happy with Steve, he won't rest until he has you running teens every pass. This guy is the real deal.

12. The Zone

The Zone Member

ch3no2 go to the full release linked off the first post and see what his schedule is.
    Dean

13. G.Reichert

G.Reichert New Member

" CONGRATS Mitch " Steve is an awesome guy.....